94-95 5.0 tuning

chao5.0

Established Member
since i may be getting a 94-95 car to build on next i have a few questions regarding tuning. is there a system that will allow me to reflash the ecu like newer cars? i'm not a big fan of burning chips and since this build will consist of either a turbo or supercharger on a built motor i'd rather have the ability to tune the car like a OBDII car. i've also debated on taking the entire factory efi system out and going with FAST to give me this ability if there isn't a piggy back system or something that will allow me to reflash it when needed. any help or info is appreciated.

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I was thinking of getting a FAST system, but it is really expensive. If you can get the tune just right then you shouldn't need it.

This is what you need to know:

Mass Airflow Sensor
Oxygen Sensor
TPS or throttle position sensor
Coolant Temperature Sensor
Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
Voltage Sensor
Engine Speed Sensor

Make sure your Injectors match the Mass Airflow Sensor, and that the fuel pump is big enough to handle the fuel. Set your timing accordingly...

FYI there are aftermarket piggy back systems, and you'll be charged a pretty penny for the tunes that some guy sat on his computer just to get all the above sensors correct for your set up. If you sit down, and study how your fuel injection works you can do this yourself.

Of course don't do it if you don't feel like you have the ability to crack the voodoo.

Users who are viewing this thread