94-95 cobra brakes vs. 03-04 cobra brakes

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
same thing.

the 99 up use Brembo blank rotors instead of kelsey hayes, but aside from slightly better warp resistance, you won't notice any better braking.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
The Kelsey hayes rotors are pretty much obsolete nowadays, BUT be careful when ordering EBAY rotors since they tend to mostly be chinese made knockoff's of the Kelsey Hayes kind which are directional and side specific.

All brembo type and aftermarket US made ones are made to brembo exact spec and are 100% safe....and they are not directional OR side specific since they have a better venting system on the inside.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
yeah.... im pretty sure the only diffrence is rotors and the hard lines on the 94-95. no diffrence in the calipers.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Actually, there is a difference. 94-98 Cobra and Bullitt calipers have slightly smaller piston diameter. 38mm x 38mm. Machs and 99+ Cobras are 40mm x 40mm.

caliboy08

Established Member
quadcammer said:

i just went on the ford tech service website to check this.. its true about the 94-98 cobras and bullitts having a 38mm piston. still looking for the 03-04 cobra spec..

even if its true, it doesn't warrant a change to the newer calipers IMO. but its good knowledge..just upgrade your pads and rotors and you should be good..

wldtang

Banned
caliboy08 said:
i just went on the ford tech service website to check this.. its true about the 94-98 cobras and bullitts having a 38mm piston. still looking for the 03-04 cobra spec..

even if its true, it doesn't warrant a change to the newer calipers IMO. but its good knowledge..just upgrade your pads and rotors and you should be good..

cool. thanks for the info. i have set of 03 cobra brakes that is why i ask.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
caliboy08 said:

Thanks for the backup.:)

Users who are viewing this thread