94-95 Cobra Question

jam2u

Established Member
Does anybody know anything about the edelbrock timing gear for the 5.0??? I am wanting to install one, but the warning says not for computer controlled engines?! Any thoughts???

94CobraPace

Established Member
I would assume it is not for computer controled cars with knock sensors. The timing gears are noisy and can make the knock sensor remove timing thinking it is hearing knock, not the timing gear, it does not know the difference.
Is there a reason for wanting one? They are noisy and for a street driven car there won't be much if any hp to gain with one, my opinion anyways, yours may vary :).

jam2u

Established Member
I have one in my 68 Mustang, and it sounds like a roots blower to those who can't see under the hood. Of course a blower would be nice for my 94 Mustang, but saving the money now for a Honda 600RR. So, I was gonna buy the timing gear, but i suspose i can't b/c of the knock sensors. Any ideas anyone? :??:

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
I don't think 94-95's have knock sensors, When I had the intake off I didn't see any. I think they only came in 96 and up.

john

Last edited:

RyClef331

Established Member
94 95s don't have knock senors. There is a gear drive out there that will work with a roller cam though. They aren't cheap and in my opinion aren't worth it. The noise is kinda cool but the beating the rest of your drivetrain is going to go through isn't. Just get a double roller and call it good.

Users who are viewing this thread