94/95 trunk lid emblem

riored94cobra

Established Member
Alright guys...this has been bugging me for awhile now. I purchased my dream cobra this summer with only 56K(immaculate and stock) miles on it, but I have seen more cobras with an "SVT" emblem on the trunk lid than cobras without the emblem. My does not have the emblem.

I would like to take a poll on 94-98 cobras. Please inform me on what year your cobra is and if it has the emblem or not.

I'll start:
'94 no emblem

Also, I was wondering if anyone could give me more information on why some cobras have and a few don't have it.

And one more thing, I was looking to buy a new keychain, so I check the prices on ebay and at the local Ford dealership. They both want more than $10 for the "SVT" keychain!!!!!! I can't bring myself to spend the $10 on the freaking keychain!!!!!

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
all cobras have svt on the trunk thats the way they come from ford ...maybe the previous owner took it off for more of a clean look :shrug: ...i know some people do that....btw go on ebay for the keyy chain dude thier cheaper i agree makes no sense too spend $10 on a key chain lol.

MustangMitch

Banned
I took my SVT emblem off. I think the previous owner replaced it and did not have it on straight and it bothered the hell outta me. I just havent gotten myself to get another one yet.

riored94cobra

Established Member
WiCkEdPoNy94 said:
all cobras have svt on the trunk thats the way they come from ford ...maybe the previous owner took it off for more of a clean look :shrug: ...i know some people do that.

I have a hard time believing that the previous owner, who garaged it its whole life, took it off. I'll try and get a hold of him, I guess.

rustinh1

2 Brothers, 2 Cobras
Established Member
The '94 Cobras did NOT have the emblem. That began in '95. You can buy it and put it on there if you want though. I did.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I was waiting to see that ... good call. The '95 was the first year for the SVT to appear on the trunk lid. Yes, you can buy the SVT & put it on there, or you can get the badge that says "SVT," or "SVT Cobra." Just an idea.

http://www.performancepartsinc.com/int_ext.htm

99cbradl.jpg

1999 Cobra "SVT COBRA" deck emblem, new...view $ 17.99/each

svtemb.jpg

1995-99 Cobra and Lightning "SVT" deck and tailgate emblem, brushed chrome, new...view $ 29.99/each

chromeoesvtemb.jpg

2001-04 Cobra "SVT" deck emblem, chrome, SALE!!!, new...view $ 9.99/each

Last edited:

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
Dano said:
I was waiting to see that ... good call. The '95 was the first year for the SVT to appear on the trunk lid. Yes, you can buy the SVT & put it on there, or you can get the badge that says "SVT," or "SVT Cobra." Just an idea.

http://www.performancepartsinc.com/int_ext.htm

99cbradl.jpg

1999 Cobra "SVT COBRA" deck emblem, new...view $ 17.99/each

svtemb.jpg

1995-99 Cobra and Lightning "SVT" deck and tailgate emblem, brushed chrome, new...view $ 29.99/each

chromeoesvtemb.jpg

2001-04 Cobra "SVT" deck emblem, chrome, SALE!!!, new...view $ 9.99/each

why is the 01-04 so much cheaper than the 95-99?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
The less expensive emblem may not be chrome, but a shiny plastic. It's hard to buy anything that's worth a crap, for $10. I'd call them before I ordered anything like that.

riored94cobra

Established Member
Thanx everyone for the input. I dunno if I'm gonna put the emblem on or not. I'll try to remember to post it in my profile if I do put it on.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
My '94 has it. Bought it from the 1st owner and he didn't add it, said it was factory. BUT my car sat as a showroom car until the '95's came out, so I think Markel Ford added it.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I have heard recently, in one of our Threads, that several owners said they had the SVT badge on the trunk lid of their '94s, and they came like that new.

It's not a standard item, but perhaps the late '94s had them on ...

The SVT Cobra Recognition Guide states that the badge started on the '95s.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
WiCkEdPoNy94 said:
all cobras have svt on the trunk thats the way they come from ford ...maybe the previous owner took it off for more of a clean look :shrug: ...i know some people do that....btw go on ebay for the keyy chain dude thier cheaper i agree makes no sense too spend $10 on a key chain lol.

Uhhh no. The 94's did not come with a SVT trunk emblem

Users who are viewing this thread