94 gt A/C opinion question

94IVGT

Established Member
do you guys think i should remove the A/C from this car? i have a break in the line going into the condensor which is no big deal, ive already got it out. how many of you have removed yours and do any of you regret removing it? its no race car either

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Don't remove it. I removed mine and regret taking it out, every day since I did it. While it didn't work when I pulled it out, I just needed a new compressor. But I was a high school kid trying to go faster. You lose -35lbs and like gain like 6hp. Not worth it. I will never remove A/C from another car I own.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
94CobraPace said:
Depends on your climate. Here in Texas, I would never remove the ac from anything but a dedicatated race car!!!!
Tell me about it.
I'm trying to figure out how to put A/C IN my dedicated race car. lol

Dekorum

Established Member
Removing the A/C is definitely not worth it. A/C is awesome first off, and especially if your cobra is a daily driver. I live in Miami so its almost necessary during the day. I still don't use it THAT much though... I recently had my compressor go out on me and I just replaced, I could have decided to just delete it entirely like Midnight, but I would probably have regretted it too.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you've already got the piece off that you need to replace, then just replace it. Get the A/C running again.
It's soooo not worth it to remove it. On a daily driver, it's needed, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread