94 GT vs 94 Z28

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
i have a race with a somewhat modded Z28. all he has is exhaust and a K&N air filter. i have dynomax headers, flowmaster exhaust, and 3.73 gears. will this be close?
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
Originally posted by 94Mustang302
i have a race with a somewhat modded Z28. all he has is exhaust and a K&N air filter. i have dynomax headers, flowmaster exhaust, and 3.73 gears. will this be close?
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
his is stock. mines a T20. sry i meant to quote ur post instead of mine.

Last edited:

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
A t-20? What the hell? It doesn't matter, he's gonna own you. Sorry. Hope you're not betting money.
according to my local tranny shop its a t20. i havent had the car that long so i got it checked out. the guy that had it b4 me bought it modded and didnt know it. i personally have never heard of a t20 in a 94 gt 5 liter.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I've personally never heard of a T-20 in my life. With your mods, the LT-1 will win. Especially if he has a 6 speed. If he has an auto, you might hang for like 1st gear but after that it'll be over.

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
I've personally never heard of a T-20 in my life. With your mods, the LT-1 will win. Especially if he has a 6 speed. If he has an auto, you might hang for like 1st gear but after that it'll be over.
i agree. ive never heard of a t20 really. i cant find any info online about it. i think the guy doesnt know what hes talkin about. my friend and i told him its the stock tranny and hes like "no, no, no, its a t20." i was ike whatever. im not really bumed about losing. hes my friend anyway. we just wanna line em up for the first time.

Last edited:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Ok firstly if your car is a stick(manual transmission) then you have a T-5, and find a new mechanic FAST!! Next with 3.73s and the other mods you have it wont be that bad, it should be neck and neck from all of my LT1 expirence. Most stock near stock Lt1s run low 14s from what i see. I ran 14.3 with just 3.73s and a catback. It should be close, especially if he is an auto. The gears should make up for the power difference.

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
Originally posted by WhiteDevil
Ok firstly if your car is a stick(manual transmission) then you have a T-5, and find a new mechanic FAST!! Next with 3.73s and the other mods you have it wont be that bad, it should be neck and neck from all of my LT1 expirence. Most stock near stock Lt1s run low 14s from what i see. I ran 14.3 with just 3.73s and a catback. It should be close, especially if he is an auto. The gears should make up for the power difference.
lol yeah, i plan on finding a new mechanic very soon. and u were right. it wasnt that bad. it was actually a really good run:)! we ran neck and neck for a long time, but could never get enough road to really see who would win in the long run. its hard to find decent places to race in my town. theres a major abundancy of cops here this summer because of all the racing that went down last year. anyway, i think were gonna run again sometime soon. this time well film it from inside one of the cars and make a vid! if we do, ill post the footage later.

Users who are viewing this thread