94 Headlight Removal

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
I have tried numerous times to figure out how to get this light off with no luck. I saw that there is a little clip that holds the far side (towards the outside fender) but it still won't come out are there more clips or what am I doing wrong???

The reason is my drivers side light has a very, very small crack but its obviously big enough to let condensation in and I want to take it out. Does anyone know how this darn thing comes out??? It would greatly be appreciated. THanks

Tyler

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I assume you're replacing the lens, so I'd take the whole assy out.

Per Haynes Repair Manual (you need to see the pictures):

1. Disconnect neg battery cable, then the pos cable. Wait two minutes (to safe the airbag sensors).
2. Detach headlight cover - that black flap on top - it hinges. If your screws are like mine were (stripped), you'll have to lever them out the best you can without scratching the plastic cover.
3. Remove bulb retaining ring, and the bulb (don't touch glass).
4. Detach the clip from the upper adjusting screw.
5. Squeeze the locking tabs on the lower two adjusting screws while pulling outward on the headlight assy to detach it from the radiator support.

Sounds easy (I've never done it, by the way).

6. When reinstalling the headlight housing, align the adjusting screws with their respective holes, then push straight back until the locking tabs fully engage the radiator support.
7. The remainder is the reverse of removal.

Let me know how it works out, ok? Both of my lenses look like someone put super glue on them. The plastic is kind of melted in a couple of places.

The Haynes Repair Manual costs about $10 - $14 at Auto Zone.

Dan

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
thanks dan i'll give it a try

can you replace just the lense or do you have to buy the whole assembly? Thanks

Tyler

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I'm just guessing, but I think the headlight assy is one unit (that way the manufacturer is guaranteed some revenue, eventually). The whole light assy costs about $150 +. You could call or E-mail Performance Parts Inc. and ask them. They have been very helpful to me in the past.
Call: (703) 742-6207 Email: [email protected]

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread