94Z28 vs 2002 GTI + Turbo Saturn

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Well tonight my friend calls me and wants to run his Turbo 2002 Saturn V6. So we go out and run from a dig, both time I pulled 2-3 car lengths to 80 or so, we repeat and come up with the same results. So then we start cruising around and we find a bunch of people parked at mc Donald’s. (They were the same guys from my last kill story on that White GT.) The 2002 GTI was there that I smoked the last time. People immediately come up to me making money bets that he will beat me this time. I was kind of stunned considering from a roll I destroyed him with 850 lbs of people in my car and top down. But alright, I agree to it anyways. We head out to a nice spot and go from a dig. First run he left his traction control on so it was a no go. Second run I get two or three car lengths on him to 80. Then we head out again because he was convinced he could do better. So I ran it up to 110 or so. He out launched me, but around 80 I had 2-3 car lengths on him and pulling. By the time I reach 110 I look in the rear view and he was far back. We pull over and he screwed up his trans and had to limp several miles home. When we got back it wouldn’t even start. As far as the GTI’s mods it has intake, turbo back exhaust, chip, waste gate, and blow off valve, down pipe, and 3psi boost more then stock. The GTI added the chip and waste gate since the last run and damn did it make a difference. I just got a full tank of gas and I had my 175 lb camera man in the car. So hopefully soon I will be able to post some vids of these races.

2k1cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Camaroguy22
Well tonight my friend calls me and wants to run his Turbo 2002 Saturn V6. So we go out and run from a dig, both time I pulled 2-3 car lengths to 80 or so, we repeat and come up with the same results. So then we start cruising around and we find a bunch of people parked at mc Donald’s. (They were the same guys from my last kill story on that White GT.) The 2002 GTI was there that I smoked the last time. People immediately come up to me making money bets that he will beat me this time. I was kind of stunned considering from a roll I destroyed him with 850 lbs of people in my car and top down. But alright, I agree to it anyways. We head out to a nice spot and go from a dig. First run he left his traction control on so it was a no go. Second run I get two or three car lengths on him to 80. Then we head out again because he was convinced he could do better. So I ran it up to 110 or so. He out launched me, but around 80 I had 2-3 car lengths on him and pulling. By the time I reach 110 I look in the rear view and he was far back. We pull over and he screwed up his trans and had to limp several miles home. When we got back it wouldn’t even start. As far as the GTI’s mods it has intake, turbo back exhaust, chip, waste gate, and blow off valve, down pipe, and 3psi boost more then stock. The GTI added the chip and waste gate since the last run and damn did it make a difference. I just got a full tank of gas and I had my 175 lb camera man in the car. So hopefully soon I will be able to post some vids of these races.
Why do you race with so many people in the car.:shrug:

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Originally posted by DSG
I thought the saturns were s/c.

I though the v6 saturn was NA, this is all by word of mouth, but my freinds dad supposedly put a turbocharger in the car to merge into traffic quicker. The guy who was driving it has no clue how much boost, etc. The car hauls ass, i rode in it. But as for details, its anybodys guess on that one :(

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Re: Re: 94Z28 vs 2002 GTI + Turbo Saturn

Originally posted by 2k1cobra
Why do you race with so many people in the car.:shrug:

Search for my last kill story, it will explain it. I was getting groceries for a party. I wasnt out to race, my passengers basically coaxed me into it the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread