95 cobra project

brucesvt

Established Member
I think I may have a problem lol
I was just gifted this 95 cobra by a family friend; it has 86k and has sat for 10 years. This is mustang number 3 for me, my second cobra. Does have some suspension upgrades.

I have not worked on a push rod in 22 years since I had a 95gt. I will not be picking up this car till next spring. But here’s the pic of the old girl I am saving. The car does have sun rust on the roof window panels. The car was supposed to go to my friends son but he didn’t want an “old” car. I’ll be purchasing parts little by little, since I learned my lesson with my on going 96 cobra. If anyone wants to donate parts let me know lol

I’ll update this thread with more pics of it later. This was one that o just snapped quick at my friends house.

My question is do 94-95 cobra have anything special engine wise that I need to know about? Correct me if I am wrong they came with a t-5 still right?
IMG_9309.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

brucesvt

Established Member
Yep still a t5. Only thing different than the gt’s are the heads, intake and probably cam.

It’s rough but I’m glad someone is going to save it. Good luck with it.

Thanks. Only thing I want is cobra r’s and cobra r hood. Just want it look like the 95 cobra r
IMG_9313.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

LS WUT

Established Member
Man I’m beyond jealous. I’ve wanted a 94/95 cobra. I think I’m gonna buy one of those instead of a 96-98. I love the tail light in the spoiler and such. I’m biased, I love me the sound of a good old fashioned cammed 302. I love my mod motors still.

LS WUT

Established Member
Me too. I have a 95 Cobra trunk I put away for use on my car at some point. Those trunks are definitely rare. I have the OEM spoiler with the working LED lights too, but I'll probably never use it.
Look man the more messages you send it makes me want more of your stuff. Can just adopt me and we could share shit. Father son style. Build cool ass cobras together :D

Cobra Jet

Established Member
As for the 94/95 Cobra engine specific question -

For those interested, this is an original Ford 1994 Cobra Flywheel (same used in the 1995 Cobra). This image is from my 1994 Cobra during clutch replacement years ago and is original to the car as built.

This flywheel was only available on the 1994/95 Mustang SVT Cobras. Per the original 1994/95 SVT Cobra brochure, this flywheel was designed and matched to the 1994/95 Cobra rotating assembly.

It was not available through Ford Motorsport or eventually Ford Racing, which has now become Ford Performance. Many people think that the Ford Motorsport/Racing 50 oz Flywheel of the time was/is the same as the 1994/95 Cobra flywheel, it is NOT.

This flywheel was only available through Ford directly or through a Ford Dealership Parts Dept. if needing a replacement. It has not been reproduced (yet), it is no longer available through Ford or Ford Parts and has been obsolete for years now.

Also to note:
- This was not used in the 1994/95 GT. The 1994/95 Cobra flywheel and 1994/95 GT flywheel are not to be swapped or interchanged.
- The 1993 Cobra also had a different Ford part number on the flywheel.

I have taken (2) pics to clearly show the physical aspects, teeth count, the original Ford part number and other misc numbers cast into the 1994 Cobra flywheel.

If you find one available used - expect upwards of $150; dependent on overall condition, providing the surface on the clutch side is not badly scored and does not have stress cracks.

If you find NOS example, expect upwards of $300+.

I have never cross referenced the Ford part number so as far as Ford documented history is concerned, this was a one-off flywheel for the 94/95 Cobras (unless anyone can refute the facts).

The paint marking on/near the teeth is original to the flywheel.

Auto part Clutch part Clutch Circle Gear

Auto part Clutch Clutch part Flange Metal

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Other 94/95 Cobra "engine specific" items.

The 94/95 Cobra Crank pulley was specific to the Cobra because it was an under drive pulley that was matched with the water pump and alternator pulleys.

1994/95 Cobras also had the same 1.72 Crane Roller Rockers as the 1993 Cobras.

1994/95 Cobra has specific valve covers with the "Cobra" lettering embossed into the top of the valve covers. Same concept and design as the original 1993 Cobra valve cover, but the 93's didn't have the word "Cobra".

The 1994/95 oil cooler assembly is also unique to only the 94/95 Cobras. This includes the black steel coolant pipe, the (4) coolant hoses and the actual oil cooler itself. Many people think the 94/95 Cobra oil cooler assembly was the same as the prior Fox SSP Mustangs or the SVO Mustangs - it is not the same at all and isn't interchangeable. These coolers are obsolete. Used units are fetching anywhere from $100-$300 on eBay depending on overall condition and how complete the assembly is - because sometimes just the cooler by itself is $100 without the steel lines or the hoses.

The 94/95 steel heater tube found mounted to the top of the lower intake is specific to the 94/95 5.0's and isn't interchangeable with the prior 86-93 Fox Mustang 5.0's.

The 94/95 fuel rail and associated fuel hoses are also specific to the 94/95's and can't be interchanged with the prior 86-93 Mustang 5.0's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread