95 Cobra R Headers

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by cobrarj
Does anyone make longtube headers for the 351 emgine in our 95 Cobra Rs. Thanks John

I believe Kooks does and they start at $600--not sure if that is even plated.:(

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Kooks deffinitely do make them... they are probably the best out there.... they bolt right in... no mods necessary... and make great power... I think mine were around 1G... plated... 1 3/4" primary's...

Call Kooks... ask for JR... tell em Dave Schotz w/ the '95R sent ya!

Dave

Andy M

Established Member
Hey John,

Are you going to be able to make it with us next month for the TWS event????? you gotta come man, it would be great to have a 95R on the track with the 2000 R's?!!!!

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Hey... I sure wish I could be there... Unfortunately I am campaigning this car in SCCA Solo II & Pro Solo ESP class...

These are links to pics from Last weekend... in Utah... Car took First place!

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=carphotos&gallery_id=22408&image_id=207

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=carphotos&gallery_id=22480&image_id=183

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=carphotos&gallery_id=22480&image_id=184

Maybe this winter (after Nationals, I could sneak down there!!)...

I do love Track days... and hit them quite regularly during the winter.

Peace!

Dave

Last edited:

venom279

Established Member
Brothers Performance sells BBk 1 5/8 and 1 3/4 standard and ceramic coated longtube headers for 351's. I think they sell for between $400-$500.

:beer:

Last edited:

cobrarj

Established Member
Reply for headers

Thanks for responding to the header question. Dave was it a bolt in with no problems you know the old problems somethings get in the way doesnt fit properly.need to get hammer to make fit lol. I just want to get something that doesnt give me trouble. About the Brothers headers in the other response do they offer them in the Sn95 chasis 94 up body style. with 351 Mac offers them with the 302 and 351 in the 93 and earlier. just wondering. Andy I am workin on trying to make a 95 R clone hate to start tearing this one up it only has 640 miles on it and I know if I start running it on the track thats it shes a gone chicken because I plan on installing a
s Steeda 5 link set up rollcage and a whole bunch of other performance goodies. Andy are you going to the 40th anniversery in Nashville. I plan on going thats a nice track. went there on the Shelby Convention. it was really nice. How about the new Track in Houston. did they start building it yet when will it be completed. Thats will be nice for you being so close. Nice chatin with you. John

venom279

Established Member
Just wanted to note that putting on any longtube header will require some work (Better get a case of beer ready:p ), you will most likely have to loosen the motor mounts and lift the engine a little, take off the starter etc---at least I have had to in all my experiences with longtubes. With shortie headers you can stuff those things in there in no time, but longtubes are definately the way to go!!!

As far as the fit goes, Kooks and BBK makes great stuff, all the bolt holes will match and all that good stuff, I have used BBK several times and I am a very satisfied customer I have never used Kooks, but I know that they are top of the line as well, so I think it's just a matter of personal preference, I will find out for sure if BBK makes the longtubes for an SN95!!

:beer:

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
The Kooks require no modifications... you don't have to touch a motor mount... starter... nothing! Peace o cake! ;)

Each tube is individual... you have to kind of play around w/ what order to drop them in... but once you get that... they bolt right up... like OE!

I was amazed how they get around the steering rack w/ No issues what so ever!

I sure figured running Full on Long Tube headers... something wasn't going to line up... but they did perfectly.

Then about 4mos later (and a blown bottom end)... I had to slightly modify them due to adding a 7 Qt Canton Road Race Oil Pan... :D

Peace!

Dave

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by Dave Schotz
Kooks deffinitely do make them... they are probably the best out there.... they bolt right in... no mods necessary... and make great power... I think mine were around 1G... plated... 1 3/4" primary's...

Call Kooks... ask for JR... tell em Dave Schotz w/ the '95R sent ya!

Dave

Dave,

Are you running an aftermarket oil pan? I was wondering how clearance looks between the headers for a road race T-pan.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
clearence

Originally posted by tomshep
Dave,

Are you running an aftermarket oil pan? I was wondering how clearance looks between the headers for a road race T-pan.

If anyone uses a scatter shield, you might have a few issues there as well. About the only problem I had with a set of Hookers SN95 with 351, was notching the bellhousing lip at the block area by the starter a lot for two tubes. They cleared my Canton road race pan.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Hey Tomshep... I am using the 7 QT Road Race 'T' Pan... and yes... it required minor modification... that you would need a machine/race shop to modify... they had to slightly modify the oil pan.. as well as a header tube or two...

They work fine w/ Stock Oil Pan... and probably just a deeper pan... but if you go 'Road Race Style' you will need a bit more modification.

Peace!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread