95 Cobra R style hoods??

uh0h50

Established Member
I recently picked up a 98 Cobra from another board member here on SVTP.

The car has Mach 1 heads and a 99/01 Cobra intake manifold setup, along with an MMR manifold spacer. The car also has a JLT CAI.

The car has issues where the under-hood bolts for the 96+ hood snorkels/scoops rub on the cold air intake elbow, due to the height of the raised manifold. To alleviate this small headache, I am considering purchasing a 95 Cobra R hood (most likely a Cervinis).

Anyone have pics with their Cobra R hood open? I need to try to compare the stock hood snorkel/scoop locations to the Cobra R hood to see if I will gain any clearance if I were to go this route.

Thanks,
-Mike

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I have both the 95 R and 00 R hoods, they are the same height even though cervinis calls one a 2.5" and the other a 3.5". You will gain clearance but since the underside is finished on a cervinis, there may be a bit more room under another brand. I don't have any good pics of the underside right now that I could find. There is more room underhood, my aftermarket struts/caster/camber plates still tear up a tiny spot on this hood, just like they did on a factory hood.

Users who are viewing this thread