95 gt 98 cobra swap. pats problem

michaelreynolds

Hello, Im new to this forum. Im a regular at another mustang forum but since this forum revolves specifically around svt cars i thought i might have some more luck here. so as the title says i have a 95 gt (didnt have pats) and i swapped a 98 cobra engine, trans, rear end, brakes and fuel system into it. well here is the kicker. i didnt know anything about the pats system when i was pulling all of the parts off of the old wrecked cobra or else i would have gotten the keys transponder and the whole 9 yards. i did swap the wiring harness now the cobra ecm is looking for a signal from the transponder ring that it doesnt have. I have read about people doing a flash with the sct tuner which disables pats but then i contacted sct and they said they werent able to do that. Was I just talking to an employee that doesnt know what their talking about? also does anyone know this about the pats system.. does just the key and transponder have to match up or does key, ring and ecm all have to match?

Users who are viewing this thread