95 R prices?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Originally posted by bobby1
Ebays last 95R with only 64 miles only bid to 20,000 and change! Whats going on?

No kidding! That is what I was thinking. The 95R's are not doing well at all right now. They (the 95R's) are just turning 10 years old and unlike the 2000R which is just turning 5 years old, the 95R's are not showing a turn around at this time, they still seem to be falling steady, but the 2000R seems to have turned somewhat over the last year to the tune of $8K-$10K. SVT has put out a few much more powerful cars since the 95R and for a few thousand more you can get into one of these much bigger h.p. cars. It is not the 95R's time yet. It could be some time until it is. When the numbers on these cars dwindle and the dust settles, the nice clean examples will emerge and their numbers will be considerably less than 250.

Robert

r82of250

Established Member
I like your positive attitude Robert!

One of the problems with the 95 R is that it has been forgotten by the general public. And it wasn't (isn't) a very "flashy" car. Basic white Mustang, doesn't stand out in a crowd, unlike the 2000 R with its mondo rear wing and Performance Red paint.

I wonder how many 1995 R's are still out there in one piece?

Terry Moenich

Established Member
It's amazing how beat up a car can get with less than 1000 miles on it! I have looked at many were my 3000 mile car lokked new than one with less than 1000.

:cuss: :cuss: :bash:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by r82of250
I wonder how many 1995 R's are still out there in one piece?

Tom may be able to give you some better idea, but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

Robert mentioned "nice clean examples". As Terry mentioned those are going to be hard to find one day. Maybe 100 today?:shrug:

In one piece? I'd say 250:) . (if you include the few re-bodied old IMSA cars as "in one piece"). I know there had to be several 95R's that have been wrecked(other than race cars). I remember the Police Dept that auctioned one. I remember one that hit the wall hard at Rd Atl (and was re-built by MPS and sold). I am sure there are many others.

Value? I think that is only important if you plan to sell or buy. My car is my all time favorite car. I'd never sell it. You could buy it from my wife one day (hopefully not soon).

Users who are viewing this thread