95 R Value

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Anybody got guess of what a 95 R might be worth with 5800 miles, mostly SCCA event miles, it has a sportsman block 408 with low miles, but autocross miles, with the GT40X aluminum heads that does not pull as good as a stock 95. welded SCCA 6 point cage , frame connectors the roadrace 5 speed Tremec with the .8 5th, 2nd gear needs work, clutch seems to slip, detroit locker, flowmaster muffler, fuel cell was replaced when the rear axle broke and the wheel came off. The suspension is mostly Steeda, that makes a bunch of noise, so bushing may need replacement, Several repainted areas, not great but not terrible, car is dirty. Car comes with 6 extra wheels, some brake pads and calipers, original heads and an x pipe.

I can do all the work myself, the condition doesn't bother me, but I don't want to pay top buck for a project car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to be fair to the seller and me!

95rcobra

Hello Terry,
I follow the R model values very closely so I think this will help you out. the 2 guides that I use for R model values are the N.A.D.A. collect able and special interest guide and the CPI ( cars of particular interest) guide. I like to follow these 2 guides because the CPI is used alot by the insurance companies that insure these cars and the NADA has always been known as a great guide for the collector. it also gives a fairer appraisal by having the 2. Here Goes:
NADA value range 95 R cobra.
low average high
24600 28800 36800

CPI value guide range 95 R cobra.
low average high
21325 25500 33500

As you can see there is a pretty good size difference in values between the two but I believe the value of the 95 R would fall in the middle of these two. that is for a 100% stock low mileage mint condition car for the highest value and down from there for others. Very low to no mile cars will usually command higher pries than these values. so you do have to take into consideration the changes that were made to that 95 R plus the overall condition of the car. the mileage is pretty good so I think the car should be in pretty good condition falling between an average and high value. I think you can come up with a good price to offer the guy on this 95 R using this as a guide. these are current rates and good through april 2002. good luck and if you have any questions just ask. later Steve C.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 95rcobra
Hello Terry,
I follow the R model values very closely so I think this will help you out. the 2 guides that I use for R model values are the N.A.D.A. collect able and special interest guide and the CPI ( cars of particular interest) guide. I like to follow these 2 guides because the CPI is used alot by the insurance companies that insure these cars and the NADA has always been known as a great guide for the collector. it also gives a fairer appraisal by having the 2. Here Goes:
NADA value range 95 R cobra.
low average high
24600 28800 36800

CPI value guide range 95 R cobra.
low average high
21325 25500 33500

As you can see there is a pretty good size difference in values between the two but I believe the value of the 95 R would fall in the middle of these two. that is for a 100% stock low mileage mint condition car for the highest value and down from there for others. Very low to no mile cars will usually command higher pries than these values. so you do have to take into consideration the changes that were made to that 95 R plus the overall condition of the car. the mileage is pretty good so I think the car should be in pretty good condition falling between an average and high value. I think you can come up with a good price to offer the guy on this 95 R using this as a guide. these are current rates and good through april 2002. good luck and if you have any questions just ask. later Steve C.

Steve,
As long as you have your books out, do you have the numbers for the 00 and 93 R's as well. I bet alot of us would be curious at where they fall in relation to what we have seen out in the market.
Thanks, Brian

95rcobra

Hey Brian,
NO problem Here we go:

NADA guide for 93 Cobra R

low average high
18600 23000 30100

CPI guide for 93 Cobra R.

low average high
20000 25000 34500

NADA guide for 2000 Cobra R

low average high
50000 59300 70700

CPI guide for 2000 Cobra R.

low average high
49800 53000 63600

Hope this helps all you R guys out there. Have a good one Brian. later Steve C.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Thanks for the info

Remember this 5800 miles is mostly race miles and it is pretty beat . 6 point cage goes through the dash etc.

I'm thinking 15,000 to 20,000 Maybe I'm a cheap skate though

SL 1993 R

Established Member
I may be wrong, but it sounds as though you are looking at a used race car. The value of a used race car is different than that of what is listed in the NADA or CPI guides. The value of race cars will depend on the parts that are put into the car, and the value of the car started with, in this case, a Cobra R. (For instance, the 351 used in the World Challenge cars will set you back around $35,000 just for the engine, throw in the Jerico road race transmission at another $6,000, and you quickly have a lot of money tied up in these two items.) Also factoring into the value of the car can be it's history. Who drove the car, in what races, how it placed, when was the car raced and such. Obviously if this car was the first 95R raced or was the first 95R to reach some sort of accomplishment, the value of the car can be driven up.

You then need to know what parts also come with the car. As most race cars don't use many factory parts, are they available and included. The value can go up or down based upon whether the original drivetrain, interior, is still with the car.

I know of a couple links to used race cars for sale. You may want to look at one, to get a ball park figure. I saw an ex World Challenge Mustang for $37,500, and a American Sedan Mustang for $22,500. The link to this site is http://www.racer-net.com/scca.htm

I hope this helps you out some.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
This is just a cobra r set for SCCA Auto cross stuff no great history, just a worn out car with some good parts. No great spares other than brake parts and a used tremec. It certainly does not have a World challenge motor!

Thanks for the links

Dyno

Established Member
Terry :

You are thinking in the right price range.

You are buying a tired race car, so don't feel like cheep skate.

Crunch some numbers and see what you are going to have to do to get back up to good condition.

Keith

TcM-668

I want to do some mods to my 00 R, but don't want to butcher it either...

I did not buy my car as an "investment" but I dont want to totally kill the value of it either...

Any thoughts on mods affecting the value of a car like ours...The mods I was worried about was stuff like:

Roll cage, subframe connectors, g-brace, rear-diff cooler, etc. Other stuff like 2pc rotors, extra wheels, etc were also in the mix...I was thinking about getting another crate motor to put in it, so I don't whack the original motor...most anything else can be replaced with out a whole lot of hassles...

Stuff that was bolt on, but permanently modifies the car for safety or reliability but takes it away from "showroom" condition was my concerns

Any thoughts ???

Thanks

Don...

95rcobra

TCM 668,

From a value standpoint of your 2000R the bolt on mods would be the only things that will not hurt the future value of your R model. any mod that can be installed and then removed without any physical change to the stock look of the original car is what I am talking about. mods that make a permanent change to the car will affect the long term values of that car. If you are not too concerned about just owning an investment than you should go out and enjoy the 2000R because it is still a rare vehicle and will be a good value down the road. later Steve C.

Users who are viewing this thread