95 svt cobra

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Here is what I did to mine to get started. I would do them in this order:

1. Short throw shifter ... Pro5.0 is my favorite, B&M and Steeda are other popular ones.. Which one for you? Go to a car show and find folks with the various ones.. Explain you are looking for a shifter and ASK their permission to get in and adjust the seat and run through the gears so you can get an idea of the feel. After trying several THEN pick one. Most folks who don't have over inflated egos won't mind you doing this if you ask politely.

2. Lowering springs and C/C plates. Depending on what you plan to do with your car this is an easy, early mod but do them both together Benifits: Makes your car look like a sports car instead of a four wheel drive AMC. The C/C plates are necessary because with it lowered you will not be able to get a good alignment without them. Also I would suggest single rate springs in the front and progressives in the back if you plan to autocross or road race heavy turning without single rates (750#) will run your tires up through the wiring harness and phuc u up. (can you tell I have been there?). If you have the money get better shocks .. Tokyko(sp?), Koni or the like. If you don't have the money then get them when you do the heavy suspension work I mention below.

3. Headers and Exhaust. This gives you a little more power without breaking your budget.. Which one you ask? I have Bassani (w/o Cats) all the way back Bolted up to FMS shorty ceramic coated headers... mean sound without being overbearing. Hell I have Chevy guys stopping me and complementing me on the sound. Personally I would stay away from flowmasters ... EVERYONE has them .. sound nice but I wanted a distinctive sound .. and got it :).

4. Aluminum drive shaft.... lighter weight and good for a few extra horses to the tires

5. Then get into the heavy suspension work if you want to go that route. I plan a full Griggs suspension in mine hopefully next summer sometime. This will let you put the power gained in the next step to the ground in a meaningful way.

6. Blower (yuk, IMHO), Nitrous (more yuk IMHO) or do what I am going to do .. build a bullet proof 347 stroker and leave it at that. should be good for around 400 at the rear wheals without the added headache of havng to worry about blowing up your engine because of a blower going south or forgetting to purge your nitrous system or adding too much boost.

Also in there boost your timing .. it will add HP, altho you will have to move to high test gasoline.

Cheers, RDJ
95Cobra
Pro5.0
C/C plates
Aluminum Drive shaft

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
with the 5.0, go with headers, and full exhaust, 4.10 gears, shifter, performance air filter/intake, and then go suspension with an aluminum driveshaft....then, when when all is done on mine, if I ever get it...haha, you will be hearing a hiss....cartech turbo

Redsnk95

Established Member
Well you can go to my webpage and check out all my mods that I've done over the past few years. 500+rwhp and passes emissions, great driveability.

Troy

Users who are viewing this thread