95 talon TSI vs. 88 5.0 GT 'stang

cody_288

Established Member
talon is an auto.Stang is a 5 speed. Talon has exhaust, and a bunch of heavy stereo stuff. Stang has headers, 3.73's and AC eliminator kit..o and a hurst shifter, from a dig wat is your prediction, i dont know much about talon tsi's

cody_288

Established Member
its not my car...i have a tbird, its my buddies car... this should be fun i'll get it on camera as soon as the weather breaks, or should we wait til my buddies 347 is done?

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
stang should kill it. Tell the TSI to get a tune and up the boost, it would make a much more interesting race.

cody_288

Established Member
sounds good.... silly ricers, i wonder if my quad (modded suzuki Z400) will take him from 0-60?

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Up to 40-50 that TSI is gonna devour...those TSI's are very quick off the line...mostly due to the combo of turbo and AWD. I've even been pulled on by a stock TSI/AWD right off the line...up to about 30...then it's over.

If it were an ESI it wouldn't even be close. If the TSI isn't AWD, it actually would be pretty close. Some more info on the cars would help to close the possibilty gap.

If the race goes over 80, i'd say the stang is going the hand the talon over :bowdown:

Last edited:

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Man I had the same exact car....tsi awd auto, same year too....I think given the description it will be a close race.

ItalianSVT

Established Member
heavy knowledge with both

If the TSI is not AWD and has any sort of boost controller and intake it will smoke the stang by about 2 cars. Keep in mind the power to weight ratio of this car there is a reason Talons and eclipses are used at the strip so much. The problem for me to figure is the Auto portion of the Talon if it was a 5spd it is simple but not sure how much lag there is with an auto.

cody_288

Established Member
Stavesacre21 said:
Up to 40-50 that TSI is gonna devour...those TSI's are very quick off the line...mostly due to the combo of turbo and AWD. I've even been pulled on by a stock TSI/AWD right off the line...up to about 30...then it's over.

If it were an ESI it wouldn't even be close. If the TSI isn't AWD, it actually would be pretty close. Some more info on the cars would help to close the possibilty gap.

If the race goes over 80, i'd say the stang is going the hand the talon over :bowdown:

It's not an AWD car, this is all the info I know..and I'm just guessing it is an auto cause the kid said he doesnt know how to drive a standard, I know alot about the 'stang, it's one of my best friends cars. But I dont know shit about TSi's. And all this kid said was exhaust and alot of stereo stuff that I didn't pay attention to. O yeah he has 18" wheels

SHOdown220

Established Member
If the TSI is not AWD, and turbo automatic with just exhaust, then the stang should rape it. Dig, roll, doesn't matter, the stang should rape it.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
If it's an auto, it ain't a TSi. TSi's were AWD M5 cars, at least the G-1's were. Come to think of it, I'm not sure about the G-2 cars and whether they were available in AT.

SVTFanatic

Established Member
2nd gen cars were available in either auto or 5 spd , with the option of awd of fwd. The 5 spd had 210 hp and the auto had 205, as for turbolag, once you get the auto moving, there is none. launching is another story though. Stock I would say the fwd auto should be about a 15.0-15.4 car in the 1/4 expect an exhaust to add maybe 15-18 hp, but weight in the wheels and system, and the stang has a pretty good advantage, 2nd gen's couldnt hold over 16 psi or so in the stock wastegate, they had a bad leaking problem. If he is lying to you thought, you could have your hands full.. a 16g turbo on that car with an intake , boost controller, and exhaust will pull low 14's all day... maybe better than that.. its been a while since I've messed with talons so I forget somethings about them.

- mike

cody_288

Established Member
the kids kinda retarded and the car looks rice.... i kinda think my fourwheeler could take it 0-60...it'd be fun to see

Slowtsi

Slow car driver
Established Member
There's plenty of auto awd tsi's out there my friend owned one. Here's my say, I have an ex auto/ fwd tsi, running open downpipe (stock), free mods, and boost controller. I have slapped 5.0's around before. racing from a stop is hard because the auto trannies suck completely suck. My uncle has a 2g talon tsi auto/awd and it is prolly a bigger turd than my mom's 2005 mercury mariner. Therefore, edge goes to the stang in all aspects (from an ex auto tsi guy)

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Ok, cool, learn something everyday. So the Gen 2's were available in both auto and FWD. Shame, kinda delutes the exclusivity of having a TSi. Shows ya how much I know about Gen 2's.

Users who are viewing this thread