95R Alternator: 95R Unique? (NEED INFO SOON)

StillIntense

Established Member
Gentlemen,
For those with the original 95R parts lists: is the 95R alternator an F5ZV (95 Cobra R) unique part? If it is 95R unique, what is the part number? Or is it the same as the 95 Cobra/GT? Need to get this thing back on the track soon and the alternator is dying. Need to get a replacement or get it rewound soon.
TXPD, TOMSHEP: you guys ought to have this handy....
Thanks,
Mark

Ruslow

Established Member
I went thru this last year.Case is and the internals are just 95-96 4.6 stuff the pulley is different.If you are just looking to replace no problem now if there are numbers to worry about then BIG problem.Stan

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
I'm pretty sure it was brought forward from the '96 Cobra 4.6L; maybe even the '96 4.6GT Must. Be sure to transfer your pully over to the one you get.:)

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Gentlemen,
For those with the original 95R parts lists: is the 95R alternator an F5ZV (95 Cobra R) unique part? If it is 95R unique, what is the part number? Or is it the same as the 95 Cobra/GT? Need to get this thing back on the track soon and the alternator is dying. Need to get a replacement or get it rewound soon.
TXPD, TOMSHEP: you guys ought to have this handy....
Thanks,
Mark

Mark - Here is the alt. part number (or at least enough to show that it is 1996 Mustang w/AA suffix) and the pulley part number from the 1995 1/2 Cobra R Unique Parts List.

Picture016-1.gif

^^^^^^^Hummmmm, TorRed^^^^^^^

R

Last edited:

StillIntense

Established Member
Matching numbers not a worry fellas, it's a race car. But I will have the original rewound just in case. Need a replacement SOON though, hence my desire for it's factory replacement.
So, I can buy a 96 Cobra Alt, change the pulley to the one that is on the car, and I'll be good to go correct?
Ruslow, Gene and Robert: thank you!
Mark

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Matching numbers not a worry fellas, it's a race car. But I will have the original rewound just in case. Need a replacement SOON though, hence my desire for it's factory replacement.
So, I can buy a 96 Cobra Alt, change the pulley to the one that is on the car, and I'll be good to go correct?
Mark

That's the way it looks to me, as long as the AA suffix is the 4.6 DOHC alt., which I would verify at Ford parts. Most likely it is.

R

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Mark

CORRECT.

And as you said, keep the case if you go buy one down at the auto supply to get by.

Tom

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I got one from an auto parts store once, I believe it's the same as a V10 truck:shrug: If I remember right, I had to change the pully because the truck one had a 8 or10 ribber:read:

Ruslow

Established Member
Alt that matches exactly the same except pulley is from a 95 and up to 98 Crown Vic.the amp output is 130 it is a 3G alt.i am sure others match to but I have in my hand the one for a CV and it is a perfect match.Stan

StillIntense

Established Member
This was an easy kill. Just ordered a 96 Cobra/GT alternator online. It is flat identical! Only thing that I had to do was put the original 70mm pulley on the new alternator. Done deal....thanks to all for the help!:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread