95R alternator part # ?

b4409

Established Member
Anyone have a number? I ordered one but it doesn't fit. The mounting bosses are welded, but look OEM. I'll post a photo later so one of you guys can verify it.

Also wondering about an aftermarket idler pulley and underdrive alternator pulley source . . .

Bruce

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Anyone have a number? I ordered one but it doesn't fit. The mounting bosses are welded, but look OEM. I'll post a photo later so one of you guys can verify it.

Also wondering about an aftermarket idler pulley and underdrive alternator pulley source . . .

Bruce[/QUOTE

Are you talking about the alt. bracket? It has welded bosses for the '96 alt. to mount on. If that's the case, SVT or Masco Tech fabricated that part.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

Bruce

The bracket was custom but started life as a 95 unit.

The alternator is a 96 pull-ahead item.

The pulley is still available from PPI.

The small brace off the back of the alternator to the front header bolt/stud is unobtanium.

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Bruce

Bruce - My Dearborn assy. line documents for the 95R are shown below. The vendor list is first. The next two are the assy. line add/delete list specific to the 95R build.

It appears that Roush provided the modified 95R alt. bracket, Rawsonville provided the alt. assy. with an F5Z part number at that time, and Windsor Machine provided the unique alt. brace with a "CA" suffix, that Tom mentioned.

Picture1505.gif

All of the 95R unique part numbers and discriptions for mounting the alt., including the alt. assy. itself. "ADD" parts are on the left, "DELETE" parts are on the right. Alt. info. starts at 6.0 and then continues at 9.0 and onto the next page.

Picture1506.gif

Second item down.>> There is the unique brace with the "CA" suffix, shown again..............

Picture1507.gif

Note that the last item on this list above^^^^(air cleaner and mass air), that actually was a "pull ahead" item does have a F6Z part number. The 95R alt. is not listed with an F6Z number which leads me to believe it is similar to the 1996 F6Z unit, but different, maybe the pulley?

R

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Here is the part number from my bracket. It is also cut and welded together to it almost looks like it is repaired.

1995%20C38.jpg

Picture of the modified area:

alt%20pic2.JPG

b4409

Established Member

Bruce[/QUOTE

Are you talking about the alt. bracket? It has welded bosses for the '96 alt. to mount on. If that's the case, SVT or Masco Tech fabricated that part.

Damn. You guys have some data!

Before I could respond by saying I was (I hope) just needing an alternator, I got the full monty.

Long story, but the jist of it is that I had wired a kill switch into the car, and, in an effort to get the "field" cut out with the operation of the kill switch, I got the alternator voltage sensing wire hooked to the small post on a kill switch enroute to the batter in the back of the car. The alternator may still work, but I want a new one. Right now the voltage needle flickers as do the headlights. Car seemed to race fine but I did catch a couple flashes of he battery idiot light and my Odyssey battery no longer holds a charge. New battery now and ordered an alternator.

Meanwhile, I still don't know how you kill the field (I was told this was important in order to actually shut off the car and save the alternator) while maintaining the function of the stock ignition switch - or if it's practical or necessary to have the extra wiring to the kill switch. I'm researching that on c-c right now.

For now, I'm going to put the sensing wire (yellow with white stripe) back where it was originally and not use the kill switch until things settle down and I complete my auto electronics 101 course.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread