95r cats?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I picked up a 95r couple of months ago, it has an h pipe on it installed by a prior owner. I did not get the OEM cats. Is this mid pipe w cats common with other same generation cobras (non r) I assume so, but wanted to ask... I want to buy one, to have "on the shelf" if I ever need it...

Thanks in advance

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
So any 5.0 from 94 95 fits (the 2 years of SN-95 before the 4.6l)? Does not have to be a Cobra?

Thanks Stan!

Andy

Ruslow

Established Member
Not to my knowledge.the cobra cat back was diff but the cat system is the same.the diff should be the [maybe] air tube that runs down to the cats but i think it is even the same.The older 5o stuff might even be the same where the diff would be is on the driverside down at the release fork.since the sn cars clocked it different,but 'R's used the bell off of the 79-82 4 speed 5.0 cars so maybe either would work but the sn one would be the most correct.I can check since I do have the one off of my car and see if any F5VZ numbers are on it.Stan

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Any 5.0 (GT) from 94-95 will fit. As stated, the difference was the headers from the R. They came down further so they could connect to the GT cat pipe and GT exhaust.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread