95R Exhaust Hanger Questions

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
I have a Bassani exhaust system on the way for my 95R and I need to come up with exhaust hangers for the muffler section. These hangers were removed for the installation of the race exhaust. I vaguely remember something about 95R/convertible specific hangers in the 95R parts list but I don’t know which hangers these are. Does anyone know which exhaust hangers were installed on 95R’s? Are they the same as coupes or convertibles, does it matter? Thanks,

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
All the hanger should be the same.

I swapped my 97 Saleen exhaust onto my 98 Cobra once and allth hangers underneith the car were the same except the rear tailpipe hangers. Ford changed the tailpipe hangers in 98.

You should be good with stock coupe or convertable muffler and tailpipe hangers for 94-97 coupes and verts.

Matt

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraR77
I have a Bassani exhaust system on the way for my 95R and I need to come up with exhaust hangers for the muffler section. These hangers were removed for the installation of the race exhaust. I vaguely remember something about 95R/convertible specific hangers in the 95R parts list but I don’t know which hangers these are. Does anyone know which exhaust hangers were installed on 95R’s? Are they the same as coupes or convertibles, does it matter? Thanks,

I'm pretty sure they are the same hangers on the coupes and verts. Be aware that the stock Bassani Catback will not fit on the R without pretty major cutting and rewelding. The exhaust pipe on the passenger side will not clear the fuel cell. I had to really hack my pipe up to get it to fit.

If I had it to do all over again, I would put some kind of side exhaust on it. It was a major PIA!!!:cuss: :cuss:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: 95R Exhaust Hanger Questions

Originally posted by Dean95CobraR

I'm pretty sure they are the same hangers on the coupes and verts. Be aware that the stock Bassani Catback will not fit on the R without pretty major cutting and rewelding. The exhaust pipe on the passenger side will not clear the fuel cell. I had to really hack my pipe up to get it to fit.

If I had it to do all over again, I would put some kind of side exhaust on it. It was a major PIA!!!:cuss: :cuss:

Can you still run side exhaust on the 95 with subframe connectors????

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 95R Exhaust Hanger Questions

Originally posted by Cobra-R

Can you still run side exhaust on the 95 with subframe connectors????

That is a definite problem. If I can get my chopped up Bassani to work with the MM Panhard bar, then I'm not going to worry about it. Otherwise, I might go with a custom bent exhaust pipe that uses the standard Bassani mufflers but exits right infront of the rear wheels.

Do you have any pictures of the underside with the subframe connectors attached?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: 95R Exhaust Hanger Questions

That is a definite problem. If I can get my chopped up Bassani to work with the MM Panhard bar, then I'm not going to worry about it. Otherwise, I might go with a custom bent exhaust pipe that uses the standard Bassani mufflers but exits right infront of the rear wheels.

Do you have any pictures of the underside with the subframe connectors attached?

Dean,
Go here, if you want to see something different let me know. :D :D

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10724

KK 2206

Established Member
Re: Re: 95R Exhaust Hanger Questions

I installed a offroad Bassani X pipe and catback system on my R two months ago and didn't have to do any modifications on the tail pipes.You and all your friends will love the sound and power of the Bassani system.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 95R Exhaust Hanger Questions

Originally posted by KK 2206

I installed a offroad Bassani X pipe and catback system on my R two months ago and didn't have to do any modifications on the tail pipes.You and all your friends will love the sound and power of the Bassani system.

Hmmm, this doesn't make any sense to me. The passenger side exhaust pipe would not clear the fuel cell because of a little different profile than the drivers side corner.

Did you order a catback for a '94-'95 Cobra?

KK 2206

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: 95R Exhaust Hanger Questions

Hmmm, this doesn't make any sense to me. The passenger side exhaust pipe would not clear the fuel cell because of a little different profile than the drivers side corner.

Did you order a catback for a '94-'95 Cobra?

Yes, orderd a 95 Cobra catback system.I was ready to cut and weld tailpipe like you posted a while back , but tailpipe fit perfect .Guess I got lucky.

mustangmad

Established Member
I put a Flowmaster rear system, with Bassani O/R x-pipe, on my '95 R and with the car on the lift, we were able to fit the passenger side tube around the fuel cell without modification. (My car has Steeda's 21.5 gallon cell) BUT, there's now a small rattle/squeak back in that corner. Gotta get back to the exhaust shop for an adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread