95R paint problem

bret a ewing

Established Member
If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I just purchased a '95 R with 48 miles on the clock. No damage, no repaint. Problem is on drivers side front fender (top) there are very small spider-web like cracks in the paint. Total affected area about 3 1/2" X 10". Must look straight down at fender area to see it. Not visible from a side angle. It's the only place like it on the car. I've read other posts concerning paint problems (chipping, bubbling, etc) is this the same type of problem?
I realize warranty is up, just wondering if it will get worse and what caused it in the first place?

Can this be wet sanded out? I hate to do ANYTHING to this car, but it bothers me and would like to correct it. The car still has grease pencil marks on the windows, probably has never even been washed - sat in the showroom its whole life.

Thanks,

Bret.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Bret,

First, congratulations on your purchase. Second, I have not seen a 95 "R" yet that has had the problem you speak of. Can you take a picture of it and attach it here??

Bill S.

bobby1

Established Member
If spider cracks in the paint it cant be sanded out. I would leave it alone as no one can redo it like a factory job.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
congrats on the purchase! :beer:

I second the motion to leave it alone.....I have a few (OK, about 2 dozen) bubbles in the paint on the hood of my 2000R that I contemplated having re-done (Ford wouldve even paid the tab, after some pushing and :poke: prodding) but then said what the heck, leave it alone, someone else can do it when I'm gone :lol:

bret a ewing

Established Member
All,

I would hope it did not happen from someone sitting on fender, don't even want to think about it.

Thanks guys for the advice. I hit it with 2000 w/d (wet) and then 3m perfect-it compound, and last with 3m perfect-it glaze. Minor improvement, but I'm going to take your advice and live with it.
Awesome car...........no wonder you guys love 'em.

To be honest, this was purchased by my wife, for my wife.....gearhead you know, loves mustangs, now has 3, '65, '66, and '95.

Warmest regards, Bret.

Users who are viewing this thread