95R quarter mile times

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Anybody stock or close run the 1/4? I know MM&FF got a 13.2 @ 106, but I don't have the mag in front of me to see if it was modified. Got those numbers out of the SVT Cobra Recognition Guide...

95rcobra

If you check Hammrheads signature he has ran a best of what I remember was 13.18 @108 but not exactly sure of that. But I know that he is running basically all stock. that MMFF's time was using a stock 95R possibly with the timing bumped. I have read earlier MMFF's when they were using the two Ford owned 95R's and they ran them in the high 12's like 12.8 or 9 in stock trim. there was a story too of the guy in virginia that has a blown 95R which was in either 5.0 or MMFF's and he was running in the low 11's with that car. my car is basically stock but I run the timing at 16 degrees and mix 100 sunoco Gt and 94 ultra. I also use a WMS cold air induction. the car runs strong but never had it at the track to be timed in the quarter. I will be hitting the roadcourses this year where the 95R is more setup for running than the drags. But I would really like having a Blown 95R to play with on the street. later 95rcobra.

95rcobra

Hey Blue98Cobra,
I almost missed your SCOA membership # there. I am a member of the SCOA since 1993 and SCOA member #199. later 95rcobra.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 95rcobra
Hey Blue98Cobra,
I almost missed your SCOA membership # there. I am a member of the SCOA since 1993 and SCOA member #199. later 95rcobra.
What a great club! I hope to hook up with National Director Tom Shepherd and drive to the Mid-America meet in my '98 this June. He trailers his '95, open-track car :-D

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Hiya,

I've had my 95 R to the strip twice since I purchased it.

1st time: 100% stock 13.70's @ 102-3mph. Only got 3 runs in that night. Probably could've got a little better with practice.

2nd time: Pro5.0 shifter, Bassani Off Road X-Pipe, Flowmaster Force2 Cat-Back; K&N in stock air box and bumped the timing a bit. Ran a 13.3x, 13.2x, and my best, 13.18 @ 106.xx. Once again, with some more practice, I think with a 106 trap speed the car will go 12's.

If I remember correctly, MM&FF ran their R w/ advanced timing, yanked the air silencer, removed the accessory belt, and slapped some kind of stickier tires on it to get their 12 second timeslip. Not to mention they probably slipped the clutch for better launches ect. They were looking for max ET, while I was just looking to have some fun and NOT destroy my clutch. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread