95R rear seat delete question

last5liter

Established Member
Looking through pics of 95 cobra r's and I had a question about the rear seat delete.

It looks like Ford used a convertible rear seat back panel for the back of the rear seat delete?

I ask because I thought about using my rear panel off my 95gt coupe to build a replica of the R's rear seat delete. But the problem with my rear seat panel, is it has hinge mounts and brackets because the rear seats were split folding on the coupes.

Wondered if the 95 R used a convertible rear seat panel because I believe the convertibles didn't have folding rear seats (meaning no welded on brackets)?

Otherwise Ford would have made a special rear seat panel for the R model and getting one of those parts would be near impossible nowadays.

Either that or cut off the brackets on my panel....?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I believe it was simply a coupe interior without the seats bolted in place. Then a longer section of trunk material was used.

Tom

Ruslow

Established Member
It was made from a coupe fold down seat bracket that was removed before the latch system could be welded in place then covered with the same truck material.the 'floor' of the delete is cardboard with the same material as trunk and 2 or 3 [forgot now]with plastic clips that 'latched' to the lower part of the [what is left of] folding seat bracket.Stan

Users who are viewing this thread