96 4v Cobra Motor For sale

Blk32vGT

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I have a 1996 4v Cobra motor for sale.
I bought this motor to swap out in my 96 GT, from a used parts
shop in NC. The car it came out of had been t-boned. It came with 60K
Miles on it and the shop claimed it was in running condition.

I have since taken heads off and cleaned out the carbon on the cylinders,
replaced the rod bearings with federal mogul tri-metals, cleaned the IMRC, put on FRPP Head Gaskets,
and re-timed the engine(out of necessity). The engine is basically put back together
except for the valve covers,and Intake. I have the gaskets necessary for all of these
and if you do not want them to do it yourself, i will do it.

things you should know:

- I never got a chance to run this engine so I can't technically
say it is, however, after doing as much work as i have on it I feel that it is in
really good mechanical condition.

- When re-timing the engine the cam caps were put back on with the cam, and cam followers/rocker arms in
place. The caps were tightened down as gently as possible only .5 tun at a time until everything came
down. Technically this is not the right way to do it, so if you want everything as good as possible
you may want to spring for 2 sets of new cam caps and a rocker installation tool(sorry).

- The engine is not completely put back together as i mentioned before. The intake and valve covers
are still off. I have the gaskets and seals ready to go to put on, but if you would rather
re-ring the engine or take it apart for the block, i would appreciate it if you let me
know and I won't waste my time.

- the engine has no headers, no Crankshaft pulley, no fuel injectors( it came with 42 lb/hr, so I sold them to make
money for the head gaskets and timing tools ),
and limited accessories. The coil pack brackets, Belt tensioner, and P/S-res Bracket are off the engine and in a box.
If you are wondering about anything in particular - just ask.

there are complete pictures of the engine(2 mos old) and(unfortunatley) my chronicle of the swap I had undertaken
at my website - www.sunxero.com.

If you want more pictures, let me know.
If you want to see the engine, let me know.
I live in Atlanta GA, if you want to plan for shipping or
local pickup. The engine is at my family home in South Georgia so If you do want
to see it, I will have to lug it up from down there on a weekend; So i'll put this out there - serious buyers only please.

$price = 2200;
$email = [email protected] # Please use this email for all correspondense, no pm's.

Engyn 005.jpg

Engyn 006.jpg

Engyn 007.jpg

Engyn 008.jpg

Engyn 009.jpg

Engyn 0010.jpg

Engyn 0011.jpg

Engyn 0012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread