96-98 Cobra Rear Bumper

MuTiLaToR

Banned
lol, like I said, the only thing that is in it that came from a GT is the dash and maybe the cigarette lighter... lol so its really not a GT anymore. I like to just call it a turbo mustang :) passing it off as a cobra would be stupid for 2 reasons. 1 the body kit is a 2000 cobra r body kit and looks nothing like the 95 R. 2nd the 94-95 cobras wont be able to see my tailights with a telescope if we lined up.... lol

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Maybe a stock one.....

Just hope you're pretty good at tuning or have a fortune to spend on dyno tuning.....

BTW mine's runnin' a heck of a lot better since the times in my sig, plus I'm running twice the shot now. :)

You'll be faster than mine for sure, if you can get traction, but I ain't gonna need no telescope.

MuTiLaToR

Banned
I am currently making plans to get all the tuning done at central florida turbo in orlando. I know it will take alot but im willing to spend whatever it takes. it will exceed 1000 to the wheels on each side when im finished. and if I need to ill spray a 75 shot or so direct port setup to spool that turbo quick for some good 60 ft times. Im hoping low 9's high 8's when im in top form. I basicly built this engine with my own two hands (and a very exspensive garage) lol but I can't wait to tear up the streets when its done!

oh and svtcobra306, your car looks very nice and clean btw :beer:

Last edited:

ForcFed93

Established Member
Can we see a picture of this Turbo 347? Unless it's built, I don't buy it.

I could tell you that I'm building a 5.4 Stroker with twin T88's and ramble a list of parts, but I won't ever do it.

And also, where do you get this money to build this $10k + engine setup at 19 years old.

Last edited:

MuTiLaToR

Banned
well, it wasnt all funded by myself. I won't lie my dad has paid for most of it and helped me out alot on the build. He used to race in the NHRA stock eliminator class and we have a very nice garage with a lift and all the rest of the goodies I need for custom fab work and so on. to let you know how long this has been going on I got the turbo kit last year for christmas. Its been a pretty long project but when it all finally comes together it'll be well worth the wait. and yea, bust on me all you want about using my dads money, but its a passion we both share for fast cars....

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Over 1k at the wheels? I couldn't do that for a street car; not enough traction. I'd rather have just shy of 600 at the wheels and be able to hook than over 1,000 and just spin constantly.

MuTiLaToR

Banned
eh, on a set of mickey thompson dr's it should hook good enough through the T-56, as long as I give em a little warm up b4 I wind it out

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Having a fast car doesn't qualify it to have SVT and Cobra badges. An SVT product is a limited Ford factory production car. I really think Ford should never have allowed aftermarket companies to reproduce the SVT and Cobra emblems. In my opinion a person should be required to give a VIN from an SVT with proof of ownership to place an order to replace one of these emblems. Owning any fast Mustang is cool, but if you want a Cobra, buy one and modify it. JMO

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
I really think Ford should never have allowed aftermarket companies to reproduce the SVT and Cobra emblems. In my opinion a person should be required to give a VIN from an SVT with proof of ownership to place an order to replace one of these emblems.

+1

SVTCobra306

Established Member
He never said anything about SVT emblems, just the Cobra bumper and body kit.

BTW Mutilator, thanks for the compliment, I'd like it to be cleaner, but I enjoy driving it too, can't have my cake and eat it too, so I do my best to keep it clean.

Helps to find leaks if they develop too :)

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
MuTiLaToR said:
lol, like I said, the only thing that is in it that came from a GT is the dash and maybe the cigarette lighter... lol so its really not a GT anymore. I like to just call it a turbo mustang :) passing it off as a cobra would be stupid for 2 reasons. 1 the body kit is a 2000 cobra r body kit and looks nothing like the 95 R. 2nd the 94-95 cobras wont be able to see my tailights with a telescope if we lined up.... lol
What does the VIN read :bash:

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
MuTiLaToR said:
listen, i owned a 98 cobra previously, and im putting a full cobra R body kit on it also.

Hey slick...

You do realize that the '00 Cobra R had MUSTANG in the rear bumper...not COBRA since it had side exhausts (Ford just used the V6 bumpers for this since they dont have cutouts). Only thing that said Cobra on the exterior was the SVT emblem if im not mistaken. If you're putting on the full body kit you might as well keep continuity with the original kit since you are going for the "Complete Cobra R" body kit.

Why not do some custom badging instead of getting snakes and joining the crowd? I wouldnt mind seeing a 347 Badge on the sides with a turbocharged thing underneath the 347. Make it unique.

JMO though.

SLWSNKE

Banned
MuTiLaToR said:
well, it wasnt all funded by myself. I won't lie my dad has paid for most of it and helped me out alot on the build. He used to race in the NHRA stock eliminator class and we have a very nice garage with a lift and all the rest of the goodies I need for custom fab work and so on. to let you know how long this has been going on I got the turbo kit last year for christmas. Its been a pretty long project but when it all finally comes together it'll be well worth the wait. and yea, bust on me all you want about using my dads money, but its a passion we both share for fast cars....
So your running your mouth about a car that isn't even built and daddy pays for? :rollseyes

If you think a t56 and et streets with all of that power(whenever it actually runs) will get you into the high 8's consistently I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

Lorne

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
SLWSNKE said:
So your running your mouth about a car that isn't even built and daddy pays for? :rollseyes

If you think a t56 and et streets with all of that power(whenever it actually runs) will get you into the high 8's consistently I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

Lorne

well said :coolman:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Fastest 5speed Mustang on drag radials is in the 8s on BFGs.
So it is possible he can do it.

Not probable but possible but anything can be fast with the right amount if $$$$$

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
badass98svt said:
DAD's money
I know.
Everything I have I paid for and know how you feel, but it would have been nice if my old man could have afforded to help me some.
And I would have killed to do a father/son project like that.

Guess I had a screwed up child hood.
I think I'm a better person for it though. :-D

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
I know.
Everything I have I paid for and know how you feel, but it would have been nice if my old man could have afforded to help me some.

Guess I had a screwed up child hood.
I think I'm a better person for it though. :-D
BC you realise how much things really cost and how hard you have to work to get those things. Getting things handed to you is going to screw you as you get older..

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:

+1. My parents hate my car so they and nobody else will buy me ANYTHING for it, and I'm in college working for a construction company making $10 an hour part time...if I get to buy something for my car I get so excited. i WISH i could have what some others have.

It sucks but one day my car will be forged with a twin turbo on it...might be like 5 years but it will happen. :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread