96 cobra kenne bell questions

quickred99

Established Member
i just got a 96 cobra that has a KB 2.1 on it car had hurt motor well im building the bottem end with probe srs .020 4.5cc pistons, mmr h-beam rods, and the stock crank... i have always messed with the 2v and 5.0 stuff so im now in uncharted waters... i no the KB isnt a cooled set up and was wondering if anyone on here is making good power out of this KB set-up with water/meth kits and how much boost they were running thanks for any advice and answers

Toasty

Established Member
i just got a 96 cobra that has a KB 2.1 on it car had hurt motor well im building the bottem end with probe srs .020 4.5cc pistons, mmr h-beam rods, and the stock crank... i have always messed with the 2v and 5.0 stuff so im now in uncharted waters... i no the KB isnt a cooled set up and was wondering if anyone on here is making good power out of this KB set-up with water/meth kits and how much boost they were running thanks for any advice and answers

7.5-8 PSI with 94 Octane (or 91 Octane with a bottle of Lucas Octane Boost) is about all you can run without going to a meth kit. HP levels at those boost levels will be 365-380 on a Dynojet and 340-365 on a MD/Dynodynamics dyno (best guess, supporting mods will make a diff here).

I'm running the far less efficient and hotter KB 1.5 @ 7.5 PSI and am making about 335 RWHP/TQ on a MD dyno. About 360-365 on a Dynojet.

Do the IAT sensor relocation if you havent done it already. Best mod on these blowers to aid in tuning.

quickred99

Established Member
well i think after doing more research im goin to be dissapointed in this car i dont think it has the 2.1 like i thought because i just looked at the reciept for it and it was bought july/2003 i am so unhappy now

quickred99

Established Member
well i called kenne bell and its a 1.5l wut kinda power can be made with these... how much would it be worth if i sold it

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
its not about how much peak power it makes, its about where in the power band it makes it.. youll be suprized how well these cars perform at the track

Users who are viewing this thread