96 cobra stuck in open loop

squeak93

Established Member
96 cobra. 04 aviator swap. 01 intake. Long tubes. Jlt cai. Stock tb etc.

Car runs and drives fine. It has a bama tune on it but i am getting codes p1131 p1151. O2's not switching, indicates lean. No wideband.

I have chased every possible issue that i can think of. All new vac lines. Even thise little ones on the evap system at the fuel tank. No found vac leaks. All new dual pvc system with a jlt catch can and no leaks found there either.

Two brand new sets of bosch o2's and both get same codes. I have a dyno apt set for this sat thinking my issue is tune related at this point as i loaded the 91s tune and the o2 were not adjusted for the longtubes and it threw codes.

I am running the 93r tune they sent and only get the above codes.

Basically i want to make sure that ive not missed anything and waste 500 on a tune to sti have the issue.

I have a data log if anyone would like to have a peek at it.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Open loop is either tune indicated or the O2's are bad and won't let it go to OL- those are the only 2 options. Not the first time BAMA has ****ed this up.

jmstekguy

Established Member
there are a number of things that can force open loop strategy, mechanical condition or tune them check the tune to make sure it isnt forced to open loop, or the maf transfer functions arent correct and they are out of the o2s correction limit ,if you have longtubes there is a chance the exhaust transport delay changes werent made for the o2s being farther down stream. if its a diablosport tune, you can email to me i can check it for you to see if its forced open loop in the calibration, but give them a chance to rectify it first.

Last edited:

Mustang Matt

Established Member
LLX3? Does it EVER switch between open/closed?

I ran into an SCT bug at 128 degrees ECT that would force it into open loop. It sounds like your situation might be a bit different though.

2002BLGT

Established Member
If wires for sig return from the o2s to the ECM are not connected they will read 0 voltage , computer does not know the difference between 0 voltage and just low voltage so it will read as lean to ECM , you should see if you can datalog the o2 voltage and see if you are getting any activity at all , if not then you need to OHM the wires for the sig return from the o2 to the ECM

Users who are viewing this thread