96 Cobra vs 04 SRT4

Sith

Banned
got a shot at 3 runs on an 04 SRT4, all of them from a roll ( :cuss: )

1) From about 35, we jumped the same and i slowly pulled away on him. I have ~ a car length maybe 1 1/2 car lenghts on him by about 90. We slow down and stop at a light and i ask if he's stock and he shakes his head no, ask him what year the srt4 is (i still can't tell the difference) and he says 04, ok cool...

2) Little ways down we get a shot again, same thing happens at first only then he goes flying past me. I was kinda shocked since the first time I took him...my only thought is maybe he sprayed this time an didn't before?

3) Basically the same thing as 2, only he was behind me rolling up to a light and the damn light turned green before we could both stop so had to take off from a roll in 2nd (prolly shoulda downshifted real quick into 1st) and he got me b y about 80 I'd say.

Was fun, he was a real cool guy, I'm just wondering how I got him on the first run but then he beat me pretty soundly on the other 2.

Last edited:

Sith

Banned
rocket5979 said:
Is it possible that he was able to turn his boost up while coasting?

No idea, where's the SRT guys.

I'm not a fan of fizzlebombs but I have to say if I was forced to choose I'd take a SRT4. Prolly cause they're American :D

Steeltwo

Established Member
sounds like he was running stock boost(12psi) for crusing, and the second time jacked it to 18.

that would equal about 70-80ish hp extra. So that would seem like a shot of nitrous.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
I thought Stock Boost on the Skittles was 10lbs.. Well Your Car Stock Runs what he runs stock..from what i see you ran a 14.1 i have seen ppl run 13.8 stock on your Car..So it depends.. Iam pretty sure he was not spraying what he did is kick up the Boost Which is a BIG Gain on those little skittles..Spary and those cars don't go good together..Leave the Engine :burn:

MARK C

Established Member
The Turbo 2 kit from mopar comes with "turbo toys" .....meaning a 100 octane switch, more timming, fuel and boost, dial a boost switch, and intercooler spray nozzles to cool off the intercooler... if he had this. That could be why he got faster and beat you.

LittleMT

Established Member
rocket5979 said:
Is it possible that he was able to turn his boost up while coasting?

I have a dual stage mbc controller, low boost us usually 22psi, I can hit the high switch on the fly and boost jumps upto 30psi.

Low boost car runs 12.40's, high boost its in the 11's and trapping 125mph..

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
yeah in my case ive got the turboXs MBC on my car, toggles between 10 and 12 just when i need an extra jolt, and ive bumped it up in the middle of a run to 12 if it seems like the race is getting too close. (its amazing what 2lbs of boost more can do on a small car.) He coulda been running that, tons of turbocharged cars have them, theyre cheap, decent reliability and most people buy them so you can crank the boost with the flip of a switch in the middle of a run.

Users who are viewing this thread