96 Cobra vs 2001 Cobra (convertible)

Sith

Banned
Yes I had a busy night. This was my first kill of the night (of the 3) and was the most enjoyable.

At first I notice what I think is a cobra pulling on to my street, but I look in my rear view mirror and there's no foglights on so I figure otherwise. I get up to a stoplight and hear him coming, I look over and his cobra emblem is backwards (wtf?). So I'm thinking this guy is a fake cobra because of the messed up emblem and the no fog lights (at least on..). So I let him go off the line (he didn't gun it) to see his bumper and sure enough, Cobra bumper with the SVT badge. So I'm like w/e. We casually drive about 3 miles. Get up to another light. Neither of us take off (I need to start learning to rev @ people) and at about 15 I say **** it and take off, he takes off too, but I made him look silly. I walked him easily up to about 70, before we hit the next light. He pulls up next to me and says "That thing is fast". I say "I'm only stock..." knowing that he's not stock with that catback he has on there. He says "how much horsepower?" ( :dw: ) and I said "well it's rated at 305 so I'm probably putting down about 260ish" and he just looked at me like "wtf". Anyway we didn't launch again and we got up a ways before we got to 2 cars in front of us (3 lanes). I get into the far right lane and he gets behind me and then as we clear the 2 cars he guns it, I stupidly let him get even with me before I gun it. He pulled on me pretty easily till I got into my powerband then I slowly reeled him in. At about 130 I had 1-2 cars on him, tapped the brakes and shut down. We got up to antoher light where there was a cop (heh) and I asked him what year, 99 or 01, and he said 01. He also said he has no 3rd gear ( :whine: ).

Anyway the top was black and it was a red cobra, I'm still wondering if it was authentic.

Last edited:

byeofcr

Established Member
awesome race, i raced an 01 couple and he didnt pull much on me at all, this is when i just had the catback. I want to run into him again.

Sith

Banned
Yeah. Either my car is a freak (my q/m time is misleading I didn't launch and the track I went to SUCKS [people say you run about .3 slower at Orlando Speedworld]) or I'm a ****ing sweet driver. I kill things I shouldn't and I'm 100% stock. I know the 01 Cobra was a convertible but the 01 cobra is rated .5 seconds faster then me, I don't think I'd be able to pull that easily on something that's even .2 seconds faster then me?

I was really thinking about a convertible when I upgrade to a terminator (2-3 years), but if they're really that much slower I'm gonna have to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread