96 impala ss vs 08 bullitt

jfsram

Established Member
Impala SS stock is a low 15 high 14 second car...

I think you misread that one offroad.

The difference in the 2 cars in that video seemed like even more than 1 second in the quarter difference and big differences like that are about as excited as watching a movie where you know the ending.

Fender to fender races are much more exciting to watch. Whether it be 2 top fuel dragsters or you and your buddy in 2 rented minivans.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I outran one from a roll in my 89 Camaro RS 305 TBI beater/daily driver driver years ago, and that thing was a SLUG.

Was your 89 RS stock?
That Impala SS you outran must have been running very poorly or it may have been a caprice clone with the 305. :shrug:
A healthy stock Impala SS (260HP and 330TQ) should easily walk a stock 89 RS (170HP and 255TQ) even with the 1,100 pound weight difference.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
RS had a small cam (TINY), and minor stuff (K&N, gutted cat, Flowmaster, timing bumped), and 2.73's, it would actually chase down some cars that were slightly quicker once it got rolling though. Plus I was riding solo, and he wasnt.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
RS had a small cam (TINY), and minor stuff (K&N, gutted cat, Flowmaster, timing bumped), and 2.73's, it would actually chase down some cars that were slightly quicker once it got rolling though. Plus I was riding solo, and he wasnt.

Cool! :beer:
I hope I didn't come across like I was calling BS.

Users who are viewing this thread