96 Mystic Cobra vs. LS2 GTO

fast02gt

Established Member
Ran into GTO this morning at a stop light. He revved I revved back..the light turned green and we took off. I hooked well and he spun some, by 2nd gear I was out ahead by a car and pulled all the way till the end of 4th about 115mph 3 cars out (no nitrous). Nice way to start off the morning and I was a little surprised he didn't run me down? Anything can happen on the street though!:beer:

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
He must have been spinning bad..the 4V is stout but even a heavy GTO with an LS2 shoulda murdered you.

Nice race though haha anything can happen ont he street

NinjaBum

Established Member
Eh, if he was stock, he'd have probably been around the same hp as you are on the juice. Probably a driver issue, unless it's an LS1.

fearls1

Established Member
If it was an LS2 and you got him by 3 lengths up to 115 ...? I would say your weight advantage, gearing, and driver mod could easily get you there.

GTO's weigh about 3800 lbs roughly the same as the newer GT500 for curb weight.

Thats a respectable kill considering you were outgunned power wise without n20. Gearing and traction is everything from a dig, case in point here.

From a roll he should edge you out as you run out of gear with those 4:10s.

But you beat him using your strong points, good kill OP!

Sounds like your car can surprise some unsuspecting folks from a dig.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill bro. Ever take it to the track? and what kind of tires you running in the rear?

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
He must have been spinning bad..the 4V is stout but even a heavy GTO with an LS2 shoulda murdered you.

Nice race though haha anything can happen ont he street

Didn't know 3750 lbs. was heavy :shrug:

Good kill nonetheless op

fast02gt

Established Member
Nice kill bro. Ever take it to the track? and what kind of tires you running in the rear?

Yep. I haven't had much luck though, having a hard time hooking up on street tires. Best ET has been 13.59 @ 105mph. I def drove the hell out of the car against that goat. I swear my car hooks better on the street than at the track!

Last edited:

fast02gt

Established Member
If it was an LS2 and you got him by 3 lengths up to 115 ...? I would say your weight advantage, gearing, and driver mod could easily get you there.

Thats a respectable kill considering you were outgunned power wise without n20. Gearing and traction is everything from a dig, case in point here.

Thanks! He spun, I hooked pretty well. I figured since his car had more power he'd track me down but it didn't happen. From a roll as long as he could hit gears I'd assume on paper he'd beat me. You never know in a street race though.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Hopefully the owner of the GTO I'm supposed to race can't drive lol.

Good kill, definitely a good one. I might need some nitrous.

emptygarage

The gearing difference alone should have got him there GTO's are 3:46, The weight the other, You should have pulled all the way to the end of your gears, Good run,

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Doubt it; weight and those gears should be enough if he's stock. But if you go past 100 he'll run u down. :)

I hope you are right lol. I believe you on the going past 100. I'm sure we won't though. He seems to live for roll races :bash: I'm not a fan unless it's a 20mph roll with my 4.10s lol. It's a completely stock ls2 so that's a plus for me. We're waiting on fixing my imrc's before we race.

Users who are viewing this thread