97 Cobra Vortech supercharger with 12 psi load issue

01blckcobra

Established Member
Different ECU...

Not sure why you are worried about load and maf counts. if its fueling right, all that matters. Far as horsepower... all depends on the combo you are running.

MAf counts are affected by bigger housing. basically if you want more counts: reduce size or make the engine draw in more air.

14* of timing seems really low to me. Also if you changed compression (forged pistons) - lowering it- will effect your horsepower outcome. Also what fuel are you using? The spark plugs gapped right? Could be experiencing blow out. What size / model vortech. Lot of variables. Not just slap a kit on and expect 500rwhp.

Stock engine with 16-17* 14psi 93gas might be 490-510rwhp.+/-

Denver_SVT

Established Member
Different ECU...

Not sure why you are worried about load and maf counts. if its fueling right, all that matters. Far as horsepower... all depends on the combo you are running.

MAf counts are affected by bigger housing. basically if you want more counts: reduce size or make the engine draw in more air.

14* of timing seems really low to me. Also if you changed compression (forged pistons) - lowering it- will effect your horsepower outcome. Also what fuel are you using? The spark plugs gapped right? Could be experiencing blow out. What size / model vortech. Lot of variables. Not just slap a kit on and expect 500rwhp.

Sounds like the car is tuned properly from info given. just normal characteristics of the setup

Stock engine with 16-17* 14psi 93gas might be 490-510rwhp.+/-
Fuel 95 and the spark gapped at 0.0030 and Vortech type v2. regarding the timing I know it's low but keeping it 14 degrees only to make sure everything as accepted then when everything is ok we will make it up to 16-17 degrees. So, if load and MAF count seems ok I will double check the spark plugs, clean Air filter with MAF housing, install new alternator with upgrading the battery cable and run the car at dyno and see what will happen. I will keep you posted of the end result.

Thanks for the support guys I really appreciated.

01blckcobra

Established Member
Decipha is the almighty: listen to what he says.

Increasing timing, do baby steps and make sure everything checks out. .5* maybe 1* up to 16-17* check logs before proceeding.
Also read spark plugs. They don't lie.

Denver_SVT

Established Member
Sure I really appreciate Michael Decipha kind support and the links he provided, it helps me a lot.

01blckcobra, I will follow your advice and see from there. Thanks again.

decipha

Established Member
14 degrees is the safe limit for a non forged original cobra engine, your tuner put it right where it should be

tyoically the junk bottom end lets loose on all boosted non forged cobra engines its just a matter of time regardless

with a forged bottom end you should have no problems turning it up a tad

no the alternator will not affect power , real race cars do not even run alternators

once you start turning the timing up it will make more power and as a result your load (maf counts) will increase

Users who are viewing this thread