97 Cobra vs 03 Mach 1 vs 05 STi

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Friendly race between a 97 Cobra and a 03 Mach 1, also an STi. After a car show me and two friends decided to do so some friendly runs. We didn't do any digs because I was running suminohooks at the time. Did some 50 rolls instead. Mach 1 left lane, STi middle lane, 97 Cobra right lane. 3 honks and we're off, well me and the mach 1. The STi took off on the second honk :nono: so it became 97 Cobra vs Mach 1. on the 3rd honk the Cobra instantly pulled half a car, starting in 3rd gear. Continue to pull through 3rd and at the top of fourth I'm 1.5-2 cars ahead. Shut it down since after 110 or so the 4.10's start to slow me down.

I was surprised with the outcome. I honestly thought this particular mach would be faster. As for the STi it pulled two cars on us since it left on the 2nd honk :eek: but I gained most of it back and was on it's rear door when he let off. The STi should take me from a low roll I believe.

Cobra mods: 4.10s, o/r x pipe, SCT tuner
Mach 1 mods: K&N drop in filter, o/r x pipe, flows, polished heads
STi: full exhaust, cobb base tune

REMATCH coming soon! This time hopefully some dig races and maybe the STi won't pull a ricer move on us, lol jk I know he's going to read this he's a troll lol lol lol

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kill. my old 97 cobra had a jlt cai, offroad hpipe, flows, centerforce clutch and ram aluminum flywheel and 4.10 gears. It was pretty strong for what it was...I killed alot of cars I felt I shouldn't have and ran with others I thought I couldn't. redlight races they're the bomb! my cobra dead hooked from slow rolls in 1st gear and would get out in a hurry because of the 4.10s. Can't wait to get 4.30s for my mach

blkvenm97

Established Member
matter of fact one race comes to mine I went against an either stock or very near stock 99-04 GT with a 5 speed at a redlight once and through the first 2 gears from a slow roll I'd put 2+ cars on him and was pullin more when I let off. I got out and killed him quick and at the next light the idiot asked me "hey man is that one of those supercharged ones?" I said "nope it's a 97 man it's n/a, couple bolt ons with gears!" lmao

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
you guys should have beat the sti... I was even with an STi stage 2 est 320 whp lol. At the time my Mach 1 had intake/exhaust no tune. The STi went 12.50s on this set up btw. Also, you guys should BOTH take the STi from a dig if you hook. REMATCH! with vids

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I love the 4.10's but really wish I would have gone with 4.30's, oh well. They are nasty they launch hard!

cory yeah I think it tops out at about 125mph, I must have not noticed how fast I was going because I was keeping an eye out for highway partrol. I was at about 6600RPMs when I let off. Your cobra is a prime example of 4.10's being narly!

Thanks guys! I can't wait for the rematch! Might be tonight actually :) but idk about the video no extra passenger and all manual cars lol sorry fellas.

blkvenm: hell yeah that's what I'm talking about! Good times forsure. People always underestimate these cars, not the fastest out there but they are quick. The GT kill comes to no surprise to me, he must have had some bolt ons though for not losing that bad, than again GT's can be mid 13 sec cars with full bolt ons. Those gears in that mach will be killer, say hello to constant mid 12's!

2007 shelby cobra: Nice kill on your end, but I don't think so man for me and the mach lol. This STi is pretty quick for just stage 1. It has sooo much pull on the low end with that turbo and quick gearing. But I might fare well from the lower rolls as cory mentioned above. I'm sure my car is no mid 12 sec car, niether is the mach. The STi should be low 13s like us. I should be able to hook from a dig, these 555R's I can launch at 4k on the street and hook for some reason lol. I hope we can run tonight, hopefully a vid but can't promise anything.

dadeuce, yes they did :)
rattlesnake thanks man! I do love them gears

Last edited:

blkvenm97

Established Member
I love the 4.10's but really wish I would have gone with 4.30's, oh well. They are nasty they launch hard!

cory yeah I think it tops out at about 125mph, I must have not noticed how fast I was going because I was keeping an eye out for highway partrol. I was at about 6600RPMs when I let off. Your cobra is a prime example of 4.10's being narly!

Thanks guys! I can't wait for the rematch! Might be tonight actually :) but idk about the video no extra passenger and all manual cars lol sorry fellas.

blkvenm: hell yeah that's what I'm talking about! Good times forsure. People always underestimate these cars, not the fastest out there but they are quick. The GT kill comes to no surprise to me, he must have had some bolt ons though for not losing that bad, than again GT's can be mid 13 sec cars with full bolt ons. Those gears in that mach will be killer, say hello to constant mid 12's!

2007 shelby cobra: Nice kill on your end, but I don't think so man for me and the mach lol. This STi is pretty quick for just stage 1. It has sooo much pull on the low end with that turbo and quick gearing. But I might fare well from the lower rolls as cory mentioned above. I'm sure my car is no mid 12 sec car, niether is the mach. The STi should be low 13s like us. I should be able to hook from a dig, these 555R's I can launch at 4k on the street and hook for some reason lol. I hope we can run tonight, hopefully a vid but can't promise anything.

dadeuce, yes they did :)
rattlesnake thanks man! I do love them gears

I think the GT may have been pretty much stock. Note I put 2+ cars on him and we just went from a low roll to about the end of 2nd gear (60 mph or so) had I went through 3rd and 4th it would have gotten much worse for him :)

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
S8ER1LZ: thanks! 4th gear tops out at 125 due to the 4.10's. Gets really slow after 110mph

blkvenm: ah gotcha now that makes more sense. You would have destroyed him if it would have kept on going. Definitely a good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread