97 cobra vs 2009 wrx

scubby snack

Established Member
i recently went back to school and there are some pretty nice cars there. the past few days ive been leaving at the same time as 09 wrx with intake exhaust tune and bpv, yesturday we were getting onto the highway and i was right behind him and he layed into it, i was on the phone with my lady at the time and didnt try to keep up with him. today when i was going out to my car to leave the kid says to me, what that cobra cant hang with my lil 4 banger? i then told him that i liked his car and also have a subaru and that i didnt think his wrx would do as much damage to my rustang as he thinks it would. we then both headed out towards our route home, here we are again merging onto the highway me following closely to him this time letting the revs build in second as we are doing about 35 and see an opening he hits it and i do the same, i quickly have to let off so i dont give him anal probe with my front bumper. where we merge onto the highway its five lanes i go over another 2 lanes as there was a car in the one next to him and put a few cars between us before shutting down around 100ish. he gets on the side of me and signals to slow down. we get to about 55 when he starts to beep, i downshifted to 3rd and took off on the third beep. again same result i put about another 3 cars before i shut down this time around 115. i then slowed down and the kid gave me a thumbs up as he cruised by. cant wait to see what he says tomorrow:banana:

scubby snack

Established Member
cai, bassani catted x, magnaflows, short throw, 4.10s, custom tune on an sct handheld, subframe connectors, upper and lower control arms, lowered w tokiko blues, upgraded fuel pump, msd ignition, w 295s out back.
860F312D-D8A1-4611-A695-7EE78A58223E-27376-00000F3008A316F5.jpg

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Sweet kill, man!

I am betting on the following excuses:
* Boost leak
* Forgot to brake boost
* you jumped before the 3rd beep

Ohh, can't forget the best excuse..his VTEK did not kick in (eventhough he has a Subie) LOL

Let us know..

scubby snack

Established Member
got to talk to the guy yesturday, he was very cool about it, came up to me and said "so that must be a real cobra, huh? never new those old mustangs had that in em" lol. he says one of these days hed like to try it from a dig and that he ran a 13.1 at n.e.d over the summer. also got to roll it against a z28 today and fox body that im going to make a post about

Users who are viewing this thread