'98 blk/blk Cobra ~ Mods up the @ss

svtcobra808

Established Member
Price: $15,000
Mileage: 65,000 miles
Motor: 5,000 miles
Has it been raced? What do you think???
Why selling it? Long story short, moving out of state, buying house, plans for bigger toys.

Lets hear the mods: Why I glad you ask! :poke: I had this car for over 5 years, and learn a whole lot via trial and error to get it to where i want it, but minus the supercharger which in turn, will benefit the buyer, knowing that the motor hasn't been pushed. As any cobra owner, I really hate getting rid of this car, but in life, you gotta keep moving.
THE MOTOR
I have a built D.S.S. super mod block with a 9.5:1 compression. I added SHM billet oil pmp gears for that extra security, a High Flow oil pump, all ARP studs, including the heads. Romac harmonic balancer. Valve seats were resurfaced, and I added all stainless steel helicoils to the manifold bolt holes, so no more fear of tighting down the header bolts anymore. :rockon: IMRC deleted, using home made relay device to trigger PCM making it think the IMRC still exist. Valve covers are powder coated candy blue, timing chain cover powder coated silver (default look). Intake cover is polished as well. Thats all i can think of for the motor for now.

SUSPENSION/WHEELS
Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, Tie-Rod ends, and LCAs. KONI shocks, and H&R Racing springs. 18x9 fronts and 18x10 rear Saleen rims (not replicas). BFG all around.

TRANS/INTAKE/FUEL
This is my 2nd tranny, that has around 15,000 miles on it. SPEC stage III clutch (4 puck), Steeda clutch cable, firewall adjuster and adjustable clutch quadrant. FMS 4.10 gears, STEEDA Tri-Ax Shifter with MGW adjustable handle and Fat Knob.
255lph In-Tank Fuel Pump, T-rex In-Line fuel pump and ACCUFAB Adj. Fuel regulator. Believe it or not, i have stock a MAF, filter and intake tube. FMS single blade throttle body.

EXHAUST/MANAGEMENT
HOOKER long tube headers and X-pipe, with Bassani S/S catback. AFM PMS with software.

This is all i can remember for now, i'm sure i miss a few things here and there. This was built with the intention of being blown, but that never happened, so i have a 800hp capable motor putting around.

Problems: Every car has some kind of problem, major or minor and fortunately i fall in the latter. Cooling issues, however the fan works, i replaced the module (right side under fender well) and it appeared to do the trick but again, that didn't last too long. The fan just seem to not want to come on at a certain degree, i do have the 185 thermostat in case that was a concern. ONLY thing i can think of is the wires that were cut when my stereo was stolen way back when. I haven't investigated that issue yet, worse comes to shove is put a manual switch for the fan. 2nd issue is the starter, i believe. Brand new battery, but if i turn the alarm on for more than two days, the batter is drained. If you just lock it, and come back a couple days later and start it up, it will start but the battery indicator shows borderline amperage, once it starts up the gauge will rise back to normal, so either the starter or alternator that may need replacement soon.

Those are the only two issues that i know of. I rather be honest than to let the buyer find out later, and deal with it then or whatever the situation may be. Again, this car is built and its still a virgin, get a supercharger, tuned and you're ready to roll without fear of things breakin, at least for the meantime. :burnout: Things will always break, and there is always room for improvement. I have ALL receipts, and i mean ALL receipts, and will only give them to the buyer after i sort thru them to ensure no other info is provided that is confidential. Keep in mind that I live in Hawaii, so you're looking at about $900 shipping it to the west coast. If you live on the east or central, it would be in your best interest to pick it up and drive it back to save extra cost. I have plenty of photos and can provide vids, but only for serious enquirers only.

Users who are viewing this thread