'98 bolt-on Cobra vs stock '13 Evo

98BABCobra

Established Member
Hey guys. My friend just bought a brand new Evo and he's been hounding me wanting to run it against my bolt-on cobra. I'm really curious to see how it's gonna go. Just waiting for the local drag strip to open in March.

I looked up some specs on the Evo, and it's making 291 hp and 300 tq. My mods are in my sig, and I also have some 4.10's that I'm planning to have installed before we race. I'm kinda thinking that with the all-wheel drive he's gonna eat me off the line.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
You have no hope. Maybe some 4.56 gears, a short runner, and longtubes...

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Where's the racing spirit guys? Slap in those 4.10s and get some Mickey Thompson slicks and give him the best run you got. Just be cool to him and show some respect or he'll make fun of you for the rest of yor life :burn:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
P.S, there is always nitrous :rockon: Depends on how bad you want to win

P.S.S I like your Cobra

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
If he can launch it properly you're toast. My friend in his 05 sti on his first time at the track ran a 13.6 and even then he could have done better with more practice.
Learn to drive it and get those 4.10s in and you'll increase your chances of winning. You're gonna need a good tire, they're no joke. Honestly a roll race might be a better race for you, 20 roll with 4.10s ftw

98BABCobra

Established Member
He and I are good friends so there wont be any hostility. I'm actually thinking about a zex wet kit, just not sure if I'll have it by the time the race happens.

fast02gt

Established Member
You need the gears, the stock ones are going to kill you.With 4:10's you would beat him. I have ran a friends 03 evo tuned bolt ons in my car without spray and beat hit by 2 cars.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Werent the EVO X's trapping below 100 and were actually slower than the EVO 9? AVG I remember were running high 13's to low 14s. I would think its a closer race especially with the gears.

From a roll, the Cobra SHOULD pull on it pretty good.

98BABCobra

Established Member
Ya so far I haven't found too much info/ specs on them. I could be the start of a reference point for our cars against these evos lol

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Might as well change this section from road kill drive thru to bench racing drive thru.

OP if this race happens get it on video.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Kiohtee

Established Member
We could really use a separate bench racing section like LS1TECH honestly.

98BABCobra

Established Member
Might as well change this section from road kill drive thru to bench racing drive thru.

OP if this race happens get it on video.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

It's definitely gonna happen. Like I said just waiting for our track to open. I don't like street racing. I have too much to lose.

Pntbll309

Established Member
What's with all of these paper racing threads? Isnt this the road kill section, not hey let's bench race section?

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
There's a vid I saw on youtube a few months ago of an evo x bone stock losing to a cobra that belongs to revixatorres on multiple forums, same name on youtube, that had 3:73's o/r x and cai. The cobra won. There were two videos of Cobras vs evo x's as far as I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread