98 Cobra Cams Swap on Mach 1 --->

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I want cams soooo bad but the guy ( ELD Performance ) who does all my engine work says I would need to fortify the head unit in order for the cam swap to be a safe one. Then he states since we have your engine tore down we might as well replace the rods and pistons with forged ones???? Can you say money money money like $6,500.00 worth of shit. I don't know what to do. I do know I would like to have the cam change before the May auto show in Ocean City, Maryland.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
how can 01 cobra cams give a mach1 more power??? the cams in the mach1 are better then 01 cobra cams......someting is fishy here.......dunno...lol

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I didn't see where they were talking about swapping out Mach cams for 01 Cobra cams, correct me if I'm wrong. Yes, you are right, mach cams derived from the Licoln navigator which are bigger.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ya, ill quote it for ya ;)

Well, the valve job aside, PHP has been experimenting with stock cam swaps. Paul told me yesterday that they are finding 30 RWHP with the stock 1998 Cobra cams run on Mach1 heads. This is with no tuning either, just a straight-up swap. They also have seen results from 2001 Cobra cams. No pulling heads, just swapping cams.

-marek

machone

NA power
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
how can 01 cobra cams give a mach1 more power??? the cams in the mach1 are better then 01 cobra cams......someting is fishy here.......dunno...lol

What do you consider "better". Those cobra cams are more top end oriented while the mach1 has truck cams for tq.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Does anyone know the specs on the Mach1 intake and exhaust cams, and the specs for the 98 cobra intake and exhaust cams... I would like to know this.. Thanks..

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
dan03mach said:
Does anyone know the specs on the Mach1 intake and exhaust cams, and the specs for the 98 cobra intake and exhaust cams... I would like to know this.. Thanks..
Here is the Registry's spec sheet for the Mach1. I don't know where to find anything for the snake... :shrug:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I'm talking about the specs on the cams them selves, not the car specs.. I want to know what the duration, lift, etc is on the cams..

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
dan03mach said:
I'm talking about the specs on the cams them selves, not the car specs.. I want to know what the duration, lift, etc is on the cams..
It's there. It's a little hard to see due to the format, but its a little over halfway down the page.

ChrisBowers95GT

Established Member
MachOneThis said:
I have the FRPP cams. I am installing them now. I will let you know how it runs.
Sweet, I wanna see results for these on a Mach. I've seen/heard 'em and seen specs from a 99 Cobra, but not a Mach yet.

MachOneThis

Established Member
PURSPD2 said:
Sweet, I wanna see results for these on a Mach. I've seen/heard 'em and seen specs from a 99 Cobra, but not a Mach yet.

The only problem is I have never dynoed my car before and probably still will not dyno it. However, I will give an ET when I get them in. I know the cams will help a lot,esp with a 4.56 gear =) I will post back times in about 2 weeks when I get to the track.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
dan03mach said:
Ford factory OEM Mach 1 Cam Specs. Camshaft Lift: 392”/ 390” Duration at 50: 232”/236” Sorry, don't know what the Cobras are, but if I find out, I'll post it.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
machone said:
What do you consider "better". Those cobra cams are more top end oriented while the mach1 has truck cams for tq.

exactly dude, the 4.6L lacks lowend power. the mach1 cams help that out, alot better then the 99/01 cobra cams. highend power might be too late in some races....

-marek

MachOneThis

Established Member
Well the cams are in everyone. I posted a link in the pics and video section. Hope yall like it.

Fosters

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
exactly dude, the 4.6L lacks lowend power. the mach1 cams help that out, alot better then the 99/01 cobra cams. highend power might be too late in some races....

-marek

the only time you're in the low end at the track is on the launch, on street tires... anything other than that you'll be above 4 grand. cobras pull from 4 grand to 6500, we pull from 3500 to 6000. we're the ones getting shortchanged. They are more fun to drive normally though b/c of the torque down low, i'll give ya that.

Users who are viewing this thread