98 Cobra clutch/ FRPP Clutch Quadrant

98BABCobra

Established Member
98 Cobra clutch/ FRPP Clutch Quadrant/Firewall Adjuster

Hi everyone. I have a 98 cobra with a stock t-45, a centerforce clutch, OEM clutch cable, and the factory plastic quadrant adjusting mechanism. I sometimes have difficulty shifting into 1st and/or reverse from a complete stop, but while driving it shifts smooth.

I saw that Ford Racing offers a double hook clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. The Ford Racing website says that this setup is compatible with a stock clutch cable, and I'm wondering if this could help fix my problem. Also wondering what your guys' thoughts/experiences are with these pieces. Is it too much to ask for a smooth shifting transmission?

Double Hook Quadrant: 1982-2004 V8 MUSTANG DOUBLE-HOOK CLUTCH QUADRANT | Part Details for M-7583-A | Ford Racing Performance Parts

Firewall Adjuster: 1979-2004 V6 AND V8 MUSTANG TOPSIDE CLUTCH ADJUSTER | Part Details for M-7554-A | Ford Racing Performance Parts

On a side note, I'm pretty new here (bought my cobra February 2012). Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

98BABCobra

Established Member
Another question. Can I just use the firewall adjuster with the stock quadrant? If i can solve the problem with just that and save myself a little money, then why not.

BFFB10

Established Member
Ford

Go with Steeda, they are the best in the bizz (my 2cents). I have used them over 20 yrs.

Tyler72

Established Member
I personally wouldn't use the factory quadrant with a firewall adjuster. The point of the firewall adjuster is to be able to eliminate the stock plastic quadrant that is known for flexing & braking. I would highly suggest getting both, but you can keep you stock cable as long as its still smooth. Steeda, Ford Racing, & UPR all have quality parts that work nicely.

98BABCobra

Established Member
Yeah my cable is good it's only about 6 months old, and the Ford Racing website says that I can use their quadrant and adjuster along with the factory cable. I've heard of the plastic quadrant breaking so I guess an aluminum one is good peace of mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread