98 Cobra Covertable/New Guy

Brock71B

Hi, I just got this car, and I was wondering what all COULD be done to enhance performance. I know little to nothing about engines, but I do know people that do. Appreciate any hints.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Willkommen! Dábro pazhálovatch'! Karibu! Bienvenido! Swaagatam! Merhaba! Ni hao! Welcome!

i8u

Established Member
Welcome.

The first thing I would do is put some rear end gears. 3.73's if you use the highway a lot.....4.10's if you don't care about gas milage.

I have a bunch of parts from my 98 cobra if you want them.

I have some underdrive pulleys I will sell dirt cheap. Pm me if interested.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
welcome, id go 4:10's if you do a lot of highway driving, 4:30's or 4:56's if you race, steeda underdrive pullies are good choice, shifter I like my pro 5.0, catback, biggest difference I have noticed is in the gears, I got 4:10's now but I am going to go 4:56 soon, stick around here youll find more things to do to it

CobraVertWV

Gotta have more
Established Member
Welcome aboard, Brock71B. I agree, gears can't be beat for "bang for the buck". Other popular upgrades are a short-throw shifter to tighten up the shifts, and exhaust upgrades, including headers, and catted or offroad H-pipe or X-pipe catback systems. The mods market for these cars is awesome!!!

Users who are viewing this thread