98 cobra exhaust set up

Rocket2664

Established Member
Hi guys I'm new here and my first post.... Well I have slp lm2 exhaust and I'm debating on a bbk catted x or a pro chamber o/r pipe there barely any videos on the web so I can't compare them....

Rocket2664

Established Member
I want good gas mileage cuz gas prices are only going up so I don't which one would b better for that but I want a good sound as well

mustang3X

Established Member
Probably shouldnt have gotten a V8 performance car if you want good mileage.

+1

If there are any mileage gains to be made you'll get them with the off road pipe, but don't hold your breath.

Basing performance parts purchases on mileage is a fools errand, it should either be the last consideration or not considered at all.

97_TXCobra

Established Member
what are you guys talking about? i get great gas mileage...ive had a tank last me two weeks...granted the car was sitting 12 of the 14 days lmao...but yeah should have gotten a 4 cylinder if MPG's are a serious concern.

Rocket2664

Established Member
Well I guess ur right so what would be the better sounding mid pipe between a pro chamber o/r or a catted x because I can get a good deal on those pipes....

98fourvalve

Established Member
Well I guess ur right so what would be the better sounding mid pipe between a pro chamber o/r or a catted x because I can get a good deal on those pipes....

I prefer X's and I think they sound better. My brothers mustang has a o/r prochamber and I have an o/r X. We have swapped catbacks a coulple times to see the sound. We've done flowmasters, bassanis, magnapacks and they all sound better with my X than his prochamber. The prochamber is also noticeably quieter being that it's almost like having a 3rd muffler.

Generally X/H's are cheaper than prochambers as well. Not to mention Mac doesnt have a good reputation for not rusting to pieces. Even in Stainless.

mustang3X

Established Member
My 98 cobra has a MAC off road H-pipe. Has the old school muscle car sound, which I prefer. The remainder of the exhaust is stock.

While I wish the car was a bit louder, it is a convertible so I won't be changing anything.

My last cobra had BBK LT's, BBK off road X-pipe and mufflers and tailpipes of unknown origin. That exhaust was much louder, sound was more high pitched than my current set-up, still sounded incredible though.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
why not just go with the SLP o/r X???? I am quite baised as I run slp lm2s with their o/r X lol

If you have the LM2s stick with an X. the H is only good for flows.

X for bullet style
H for chambered

I believe thats how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread