98 Cobra vs. SRT8 300

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
VIDEO IS UP

Was out at the local spot tonight. Buddy of mine has a SRT8 300C, I guess no mods Im pretty sure its stock.. He ran 12.9@111 or something.. He wanted to get a race off. My mods are 4.10s, underdrives, x pipe, k&n drop in. We only did one race, 15ish roll. I spun pretty bad in 2nd, and he got a nose on me. Held the nose all the way up to about 120 when I ran out of gear in 4th. Video looks like I was inching back but hard to tell. I dont know when the video will be up or if it will ever make it to youtube but figured I'd post this up for others wandering about a race like ours. I then got beat by an STi from a dead stop (stupid race for me I kno) I was coming back hard in 4th gear but he let out like I predicted. He didnt even stop to talk or let me get my race (I wanted a 40 roll) Oh well, good night for the `slowbra :beer::pop:

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
A stock srt8 will not trap 111. And your car wont touch those trap speeds either so something is up with the track times on that car. Good run with the 300 tho. Too bad that sti wouldn't run you again. It sucks losing to cars that you know you can beat

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
A stock srt8 will not trap 111. And your car wont touch those trap speeds either so something is up with the track times on that car. Good run with the 300 tho. Too bad that sti wouldn't run you again. It sucks losing to cars that you know you can beat

I've watched the car run the way it does. The only "mod" I know about is he changed the t-stat and has a little on/off switch for his cooling fans. A drop in filter also. I doubt it makes a difference but whatever. I trap 107-108 all night, so its a close race if you look at the weight difference. Im going to get a rematch at like a 40 roll (2nd gear with traction) this week sometime Ill try to get the video from him as well.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Stock SRT8 times are 108~109ish (with good air) but they have been seen trapping 110~111mph (Freak incidents but it still happens)....

Of course you just listed a bunch of mods so it wasn't stock.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Ok so I raced a modded SRT8 and hung right along side him.

I raced a lightly modded `00 SS not long ago and hung right at his passenger mirror, and that car raced this 300 and supposedly put a car on him. I think from a bit higher roll I could poke out maybe. But he has me up top past 120, I let out at 7000 in 4th and he was still goin strong

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
My buddies Chrysler 300C SRT8 trapped 110.2mph at Englishtown Raceway Park bone stock with 600 miles on it. So BayAreaSS it's definitely possible and has been done on several occassions. I was shocked myself and would not have believed it if I didn't see it with my own two eyes.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
GOT THE VIDEO UP

I started in first, you can hear me spin the 1-2 really bad and keep spinnin until I grab 3rd. I creep back up then drop off when I hit the top of 4th.. He labeled it wrong my car is a 98 (obviously, just look at the lights)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw32KOEtp3w"]YouTube - SRT 8 stock vs. 99 Cobra ful bolt ons with gears.MOV[/ame]

BayareaSS

Established Member
My buddies Chrysler 300C SRT8 trapped 110.2mph at Englishtown Raceway Park bone stock with 600 miles on it. So BayAreaSS it's definitely possible and has been done on several occassions. I was shocked myself and would not have believed it if I didn't see it with my own two eyes.

Anything can happen at englishtown LOL. Thats fast ass hell for a stock car but i usually see like 106 out here

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Don't let DUUUECE see this thread....no telling how he'd twist this all over.

Nice run OP.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Don't let DUUUECE see this thread....no telling how he'd twist this all over.

Nice run OP.

Whos duece? lol should I even ask?

I did get beat, but not by even a half car.. So I just wanted to post up a good race :shrug::banana:

Users who are viewing this thread