98 cobra which x-pipe ?

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
I have a 98 cobra , want to buy a off road x pipe, which one you guys recommend, bassani , pypes ,bbk, or magnaflow. or have experience with.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I currently have a BBK offroad x-pipe and it fits fine. However, I'm starting to get a little annoyed with the sound. I'm going prochamber and long tubes. I hope you enjoy rasp.

crr084

Established Member
If you are wanting to go back with cats I'd suggest magnaflow, one of the reasons I went with them over Bassani is because they were the last manufacturer who used Car Sound Cats (which are the best quality) out there. Plus like Bassani it is all T-304 SS and was actually developed specifically for either a 96-97 cobra or the 98 cobra. I am very happy with the low rumble it gives off.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Ide say SLP.. Quality piece that is modular and you can take cats on and off.. Love this damn thing..

Now as far as raspyness goes. That has nothing to do with the mid-pipe in itself. ALTHOUGH some x-pipes do have a slightly different sound than others. It all depends on the cat-back and what style mufflers it is. But of course mating a certain midpipe with a certain type of muffler is going to create more raspyness in some cases than in others.

X-pipe is best for some and H-pipe is best for others. I cant remeber which style catback theyr both good for.. Hopefully someone can come in and clear up the names in which theyr best for. Cant remember for the life of me..

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
thanks for replying. I heard good reviews on bassani and also pypes. Any one has pypes here x pipe. seen this on americanmuscle and lethal. thanks again

harvboi05

Established Member
as long as its stainless..

im rocking a upr x pipe cause it was like 130 bucks shipped new. sounds good to me. i prefer x pipes on mod motor cars.

ChromeSnake98

Established Member
Had to chime in so you dont make the same mistake I did...

1.) pypes DOES NOT make an x-pipe for a cobra. Only gts. Rear o2 sensors are angled towards the cross member on the pipe so you can't put rear or sensors in. So don't get the pypes one. Second if your gonna go off road MAKE SURE you have chambered mufflers not bullet style (slp) it's obnoxiously loud which isn't that bad but it makes these god awful resonating noise and at full throttle sounds like a machine gun. So with reg mufflers get o/r glasspack style stay catted. Hope this helps

harvboi05

Established Member
i ran a catless x with lm2s and it wasnt bad. the lm1s on the other hand were just way too loud.

i switched my mufflers out for deltaflow 40s for preference only. just gotta listen around for which you like the most. x pipe w/ chamber mufflers sounds the best to me.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I'm also running a UPR catless x-pipe feeding some 2 chamber flows. Its a little raspy to me but I get tons of compliments so I just leave it the way it is.

ctdkid

Established Member
I'm running the VRS o/r x as well with mac cat-back and longtubes. Love the sound and doesn't really resonate at all. Quality made piece and no fitment issues.

Users who are viewing this thread