98 contour sesvt vs 02 rsx-s vs merkur xr4ti

tech1460

Established Member
Well i needed a bit more gas mileage for weekend trips so i picked up a slightly abused 2002 rsx-s to replace my 98 contour sesvt. Had to know which would win so called up a friend got him to drive rsx and i drove the contour. Also got another friend who was in a 198? merkur xr4ti. Both the contour and the rsx had passengers. merkur did not have a passenger.
Mods for the rsx were Aem cold air and nothing else performance that i know of bought it that way.
Mods for the contour were open air filter, gutted cats and rebuilt y-pipe, svt ecm, svt upper and lower intake, and svt cat back.
Mods for the xr4ti were boost turned up a little and maybe a few little things not much but really don't remember.

So we lined up for several races
rsx vs contour a 40 roll - stayed close till about 80 maybe a half a car to the
rsx then from there is was five cars to the rsx by 120.

rsx vs contour a 60 roll - contours third gear pull caught the rsx out of lift and pulled it for a few seconds then rsx hit lift and was out maybe 2 cars at 110.

contour vs xr4ti a 40 roll - contour took the hit and got out maybe a fender and it stayed that way till 110.

All in all a fun evening of bashing on a few daily drivers. Both cars have nearly 200k miles and still run great, goes to show you gotta beat on them often to keep them in proper running condition.

Users who are viewing this thread