98 mustang gt AC help

Supreme

Established Member
So first of all I'm not a mechanic so i don't know much about how my car runs. So about two years ago i decided to get my AC fixed and my cousins friend who knows a shit load about cars told me he'd fix my AC. If i put free on in my car it will work the problem is my car doesn't hold the free on because of a leak. So he told me the part i needed which i forgot the name but its in the picture below.
DoKBIWD.jpg

So after i got the part from auto zone, i went to my cousins house to see if we could install it ourselves, after we found the part that i needed to replace, the part in my car only had 2 wires unlike the part i bought which had 4 wires. We concluded that it was the wrong part and i never got around to try solving the problem until now years later.

So i have a few questions..

Whats the part in the picture called?
Why is that the part in my car only had 2 wires and is that norm for all other 98 mustang GTs?
Is it easy installing this piece? and what else is needed in order to fix my AC?

Any help is appreciated i really need to get my AC fixed as its burning hot down here in California :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread