98 SVT Contour- Fuel Pump Not Coming On-Help!

brapple

Established Member
it shouldn't have been tripped. and if it was it resets after a few minutes. i tried it with my car, tripped the PATS and after a minute or so the light went back to the slow blinking. I know everyone says if its activated you have to tow the car to the dealer to have it reset .... I think its BS. last time I heard it was when I got a spare key made and they tried to tell me they would be responcible if it caused a problem.

now the only time I have heard of a PATs issue was when a friend had a chip fall out of the PCM when the key was in the ignition.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
never would thunk of that. I'm glad (sorta) that I have 80's technology in the driveway!

HollywoodSVT98

Established Member
never would thunk of that. I'm glad (sorta) that I have 80's technology in the driveway!

Yea,
I have no idea what tripped it..I am about to go up to the shop in a few minutes to see if there is anything new they found out..This is just so crazy..Never thought I'd be having this kinda trouble just from changing some damn plugs and wires..It's gonna suck if I have to tow it down to Ford..Another damn towing bill plus Ford has some ridiculous labor chargers..Such BS if thats what it comes to..I love these SVT's but when 1 little thing goes wrong, it cost a whole lot of money..Damn it!

HollywoodSVT98

Established Member

Update:
The car now runs..There an 80amp fuse in the main engine compartment box that was blown..He replaced it..Car started up..Drove it for a minute, it still has that hesitation, like in first gear starting around 10mph..Like it will hesitate and the rpms go down and it il almost cut off unless I get out of the gas....So I left the car at the shop so they could look into this..Now he has to figure out why it is hesitating like that..

brapple

Established Member
well if the plugs and wires are both new then its possible its still the fuel pump.

you did change the plugs and wires together, at the same time right? if you changed that at different times then that might be the issue. check for carbon tracking.

HollywoodSVT98

Established Member
well if the plugs and wires are both new then its possible its still the fuel pump.

you did change the plugs and wires together, at the same time right? if you changed that at different times then that might be the issue. check for carbon tracking.

Nope ,wasnt the fuel pump..The Mass Air Flow Sensor went bad and had to be replaced..Go figure!! I could have done that shit myself had I known.lol..I think that I need to invest in a hand held computer scanner because I already know that if anything that ever goes wrong is always some electrical crap..MAF Sensor through the shop was $105 plus $45 labor to install plus a scan check and other bs..I coulda bought the sensor on ebay for less than $50 and did it myself..Oh well.Got it back home and its running like a champ again..Who woulda thought, freakin MAF Sensor! HA!

Users who are viewing this thread