98GT vs 03GT

1998GT

Established Member
so i have my girlfriend in the car, again and this GT pulls up next to me at the red light with a girl is in the car too. so we both hit it when it turns green and we are both even, we both chirp 2nd and for a second it looks like if im beating him by a foot as we hit 3rd gear and then we both let off and he slams his brakes and made a u turn so i wasnt able to talk to him but i know he had exhaust. man my car sure does surprise me sometimes :-D

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Before everyone jumps in and calls BS, I just want to say good kill. It IS possible for little non-pi GT's to beat 99+. I had a similar experience in my 98 GT. I raced an 01+ GT from 40-110 and pulled about a car on him. At the time I had 4.10's, intake, bassani o/r x and magnaflow catback. Oh, I had the driver mod too. (aka I can shift the living piss outta my car)

Nice kill!

1998GT

Established Member
thanks for the compliments, im still waiting for someone to call bs. i wonder if the 03gt post on this thread hopefully he does.

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
Good race/kill. I've had two similar races myself, but of course, when I posted them (at a different site, the SVTP crowd is very respectful) I got everybody and their brother telling me that I was either full of it or the other guys weren't trying. Glad to see some non-PI representation. ha ha :thumbsup: :beer:

WOPONY98

Established Member
Okay I will also say good job. The 99+ GT (stock) usually put down 212-220 rwhp so you were right there with him. Good kill.

bssmith1220

Established Member
WOPONY98 said:
Okay I will also say good job. The 99+ GT (stock) usually put down 212-220 rwhp so you were right there with him. Good kill.

Mine put down 237 with just a catback......it was on a dynojet, but still 212 seems a little low for stock. Nice kill to the original poster.

1998GT

Established Member
Slo65 said:
i'm in whittier :read:

not so stock 04 mach1 :coolman:

thats cool maybe we should meet up somtime. i meet up with the guys from darkstangs on sat between the in n out and the taco bell in pico river.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
It can be done, my friend's 97 GT with offroad h pipe, flowsmashers, pulleys, filter and 3.73's ran [email protected] MPH which is faster than some people do in their stock PI cars. I have seen anywhere fro 9.1-9.3's out of the 5 speed cars bone stock at 76-78 MPH so it's doable!

213 rwhp for those mods is pretty good, was it a dynojet? SAE numbers?

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
WOPONY98 said:

Im so tired of people thinking the 99-04 GTs dont put down much more than the 96-98 non PI cars. They put down good power! Stock they have been dynoed at more than 240whp! :rolleyes:

1998GT

Established Member
Speeds8erM-1 said:
It can be done, my friend's 97 GT with offroad h pipe, flowsmashers, pulleys, filter and 3.73's ran [email protected] MPH which is faster than some people do in their stock PI cars. I have seen anywhere fro 9.1-9.3's out of the 5 speed cars bone stock at 76-78 MPH so it's doable!

213 rwhp for those mods is pretty good, was it a dynojet? SAE numbers?

dont know what kind of dyno it was i got it done at racers edge tuning.

1998GT

Established Member
LS1Killer said:
Im so tired of people thinking the 99-04 GTs dont put down much more than the 96-98 non PI cars. They put down good power! Stock they have been dynoed at more than 240whp! :rolleyes:

well ive seen a 99-04 GT dyno (same dyno and day i did mine)246rwhp with intake, tb, plenum, pullies, diablo, x pipe and cat back so who knows :shrug:

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
Couple of local guys in here.. maybe we should have a gtg sometimes. Im in rowland heights.

get together at your house!

i love asian women :rockon: :D

Users who are viewing this thread