99-00 what to look for need help

CKERR134

stangfan
Established Member
what are the problems if any with the 99-00 lightings i herd of supercharger recalls is there and other engine problems and if so what did they change in 2001 to 2004

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
There was an intercooler recall on the 99-00 models, NOT a supercharger recall. I had the intercooler replaced about 4yrs ago. Haven't had any problems out of my L with over 100,000 miles on her. There are a few underhood differences between the 99-00s and the newer models. But I can't think of any other "problems" other than the intercooler right now.
I've been in the beer this evening, don't feel like thinking too much. Maybe someone will chime in...

Oh yeah. I forgot about that damned cruise control pressure switch recall. Of course, that's a recall item on a SHITLOAD of Ford vehicles right now. I've unplugged mine. Gotta take her to the dealer to get the recall done.

Last edited:

Big Bird Jr.

Hot shyt with a dremel
Established Member
What was the problem with the intercoolers?

P.S. Anyone got a picture of the frontengine with accesories and belts routed. Do you have a double pulley setup for the crank to run the blower?

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Big Bird Jr. said:
P.S. Anyone got a picture of the frontengine with accesories and belts routed. Do you have a double pulley setup for the crank to run the blower?
Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread