'99-'01 Cobra/'03-'04 Mach Short-Runner Intake

Angus

Established Member
This my last/best version of an Aviator intake modified for high-performance use on 4.6 4V engines.

The long runners were completely removed + the short runners were ported & epoxied. All porting work was performed by Boss330 (Al Papitto).

The upper intake lid was created using my ideas, although some of the work (such as the welding or machining) was done by qualified individuals.
I performed all the epoxy work on the lid.

This intake was installed on my Mach using a '97 Cobra Throttle Body, '99 - '04 4.6 4V IAC, '99 - '04 4.6 4V throttle/cruise cables & the stock 24 lb injectors.

My (stock-engined) Mach went low, low 11's N/A @ over 120 mph with this intake installed on slicks/skinnies & all the usual drag-related mods + weight-reduction.

Before anyone asks, I do not have dyno numbers with this intake installed.
The intake performed well-enough with the (aggressive) dyno-tune I already had that I never spent the $$$ to get it dyno tested.

I have well over $1500 in this intake - the lower porting alone was $700.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PRICE REDUCED.

I'm asking $550/shipped East of the Mississippi, or $575/shipped West of the Mississippi.

Shipping will be done via FedEx with Tracking number.

I accept PayPal for payment.

Please feel free to ask any/all questions - I'll do my best to answer them.

Angus

Established Member
Here is what's included in addition to the upper/lower/alternator bracket as shown above.

(4) TB to upper bolts
(1) TB to upper intake gasket
(10) Lower intake to head bolts
(4) Fuel Rail to lower intake bolts
(1) Stock Aviator Fuel Rail Assembly

attachment.php

attachment.php

schef

Established Member
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly... this WILL fit on 03/04 heads but requires a 96-98 TB?

Angus

Established Member
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly... this WILL fit on 03/04 heads but requires a 96-98 TB?

Yes - that's exactly right.

The '03/'04 Aviator used the same heads as the Cobra & Mach 1.

I designed the upper to use the '96 - '98 Cobra throttle body for ease of setting the idle &for MUCH easier dyno tuning.

I also had planned to eventually install a single-blade Accufab throttle body for even more airflow.

omj

Established Member
How much of a decrease in performance would putting my 99 Cobra upper on this intake cause? What length are the runners?

Angus

Established Member
How much of a decrease in performance would putting my 99 Cobra upper on this intake cause? What length are the runners?

The runners are ~ 10" long.

I actually ran an '03 Mach 1 intake lid on a stock (no porting + long runners were still in place) Aviator intake a few years ago with great results.

Keep in mind that the Aviator upper has a different pattern/shape than the Cobra/Mach upper. I had to make a aluminum adapter/spacer to get it to fit.

I'll see if I can dig-up pictures of what the adapter looked like...

omj

Established Member
So, it would take modifications to fit a 99 Cobra upper on this intake? I'm very very very interested but I don't want to have to source a 97 throttle body and possibly buy a new cold air induction kit.

Angus

Established Member
So, it would take modifications to fit a 99 Cobra upper on this intake? I'm very very very interested but I don't want to have to source a 97 throttle body and possibly buy a new cold air induction kit.

Here's what I made to mate the Cobra/Mach upper to the Aviator lower:

attachment.php

attachment.php

fomoco99

Established Member
intake

will the upper intake from the 99 cobra fit or can this set up be used as is just with my IAC from my 99 and throttle body

Users who are viewing this thread