'99-02 Cobra front bumper cover on an '03 Cobra - feasible?

YoungJim

Established Member
So, my '03 seems to attract bad drivers. I've had it 3 years, and its been hit 3 times. Accordingly, I'm considering putting a '99 Cobra front cover on it because I think it looks better, its a fair bit cheaper, and it might work as a disguise. What I'd like to know is, does anyone know if it'll fit with the radiator for the intercooler? What about issues with the foglights? Any other concerns? I'd appreciate any input. Cheers.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Man i'd just stick with the 03/04 front end. Looks way better I think. But if your set on the 99/01 front the only issue may be the heat exchanger I would say. See if you can get one of the 99/01 boys to take a few measurements underneath to see if you'll have any heat exchanger clearance issues.

Bullitt4110

Established Member
There will be a gap between the bumper and hood as the 03/04 bumper sit a little higher. If you are fine with a gap it should work fine.

magRT496

Established Member
IMO i like the 99-01 bumper better as well but that gap is going to suck man. might want to think about getting a saleen or roush front, those looks great too.

YoungJim

Established Member
Thanks for the input. One of the guys at work has an.. 01 I think, I'll have to park mine next to his and take some pix. Thanks again, 'specially for the heads-up on the gap. Jim.

2003-SVT

Established Member
Most people would kill for the 03-04 front bumper. I'm sure you could find someone to swap if you really like the 01.
But I agree on the gap problem. Might not look good.
Good Luck

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
I thinkt he 03 bumper looks bolder and the 99-01 looks meaner, but thats JMO, definitly not worth swapping though...

YoungJim

Established Member
I'd trade it but some... errr... person (I might get in trouble for calling him a brainless ****-off) backed a hitch through it last fall and didn't have the stones to leave any contact info. So, thats collision #3. You wonder why I call it the Frankensnake? Its had more different body parts than Joan Rivers! Either way... I guess if I ever get around to laying up that carbon-fiber hood I've been thinking of, I'll make it to fit an '01 cover. Hell, if I'm going to that kind of trouble I might as well make a bumper cover too, fix everything at once. (Which will happen when pigs fly, I'm afraid)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread