99-04 exhaust help

obi31khanobi3

Established Member
i know there are plenty of threads on exhaust but none i found have answered my questions fully. I love the sound of magnaflows but im afraid it will be too quiet i plan on a x-pipe then long tubes later on. i love the magnapacks also but i feel when i do the x-pipe it will change it completely and sound weird, also im a fan of the slp lm2's. I have listened to 100s of video clips on the internet but its so hard to tell what it will sound like in person.

slo-GT

Established Member
Magnapacks and LM's both will be loud and poppy as hell with an o/r X, i have ran both of them on my car...if thats the direction you want to go. A buddy has Magnaflow mufflers with longtubes and mid-pipe and his car sounds great with a very nice tone. I just went from prochamber with magnapacks to o/r x with ford racing cat-back a few weeks ago.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Magnaflows are quiet. That was the first exhaust i had on my car. It was just the catback only though. Kinda sounded like stock. Then I put the bassani off road x with slp loudmouths, and it was extremely loud and raspy. Hope this helps a little.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I had magnapacks on my '02 GT with everything else stock. The tone was much better, but it wasn't much louder. I've currently got an o/r h pipe with flow 40s. The flows sound really "airy" and I'm probably going to upgrade to the maggies by the end of the year. Some popping on decel with the maggies, but the tone is much better than most and you won't have the insanity that comes with slp. Since you're going with a catted x, then the slp II should sound pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread